STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2019, 09:42:03 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Large
| | |-+  Lighting Coaches
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Lighting Coaches  (Read 5704 times)
NarrowMinded

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 12:47:21 AM »

Yes micheals has them, wallmarts kmarts wallgreens cvs Etc. This time of year is the best for getting them cheap they sell them to put into jack-o-lanterns.

Google LED tea light, the older ones had a little circuit board but for the last 3 yrs all of them I have bought have self flickering LEDs, I must also mention that I have one in a model of tinkerbells treehouse I made for my daughter that has been on ateast 14hrs a day for the last 2yrs and is working as well as the day I put it in.

NM
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 01:00:02 AM by NarrowMinded » Logged
Doneldon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 03:19:55 AM »

narrow-

"while his hand and arm were removed I drilled holes for the wires which also go inside his hollow body and out through a hole in the bottom of his foot"

Poor Fred! Where do I send a get well card?
                                                                                                                    -- D
NarrowMinded

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 09:01:07 AM »

Ya know, that's funny, I always have unrational feelings while I am modifying human or animal figures and have to remind myself they are just shaped painted plastic. Silly how anything with a face does that.

But fred is doing fine and is safer now that he can see while he works at night Smiley

NM
on30gn15

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 04:18:30 PM »

Coming up pretty quick is the Christmas decorating season: there will be little battery powered strings of 3mm diameter white LED.

Don't recall if they come in both bright white and warm white.  About $6 or so for a string of 30 is a pretty decent buy.

Haven't got that far with the project yet but the V&T and PRR coaches are going to be lighted with those.

later,
Forrest

When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest
NarrowMinded

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 06:04:46 PM »

To make a bright led shine warm white you can sand it with very fine steel wool, you can also adjust the voltage a little

NM
Doneldon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 04:20:14 PM »

NM-

Good advice on the LEDs.  One can also put a thin coating of clear yellow lacquer on them to get a warm colored light.

-- D
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: