News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Lighting Coaches

Started by Garry1947, September 30, 2010, 03:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NarrowMinded

Yes micheals has them, wallmarts kmarts wallgreens cvs Etc. This time of year is the best for getting them cheap they sell them to put into jack-o-lanterns.

Google LED tea light, the older ones had a little circuit board but for the last 3 yrs all of them I have bought have self flickering LEDs, I must also mention that I have one in a model of tinkerbells treehouse I made for my daughter that has been on ateast 14hrs a day for the last 2yrs and is working as well as the day I put it in.

NM

Doneldon

narrow-

"while his hand and arm were removed I drilled holes for the wires which also go inside his hollow body and out through a hole in the bottom of his foot"

Poor Fred! Where do I send a get well card?
                                                                                                                    -- D

NarrowMinded

Ya know, that's funny, I always have unrational feelings while I am modifying human or animal figures and have to remind myself they are just shaped painted plastic. Silly how anything with a face does that.

But fred is doing fine and is safer now that he can see while he works at night :)

NM

on30gn15

Coming up pretty quick is the Christmas decorating season: there will be little battery powered strings of 3mm diameter white LED.

Don't recall if they come in both bright white and warm white.  About $6 or so for a string of 30 is a pretty decent buy.

Haven't got that far with the project yet but the V&T and PRR coaches are going to be lighted with those.

later,
Forrest
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

NarrowMinded

To make a bright led shine warm white you can sand it with very fine steel wool, you can also adjust the voltage a little

NM

Doneldon

NM-

Good advice on the LEDs.  One can also put a thin coating of clear yellow lacquer on them to get a warm colored light.

-- D