News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

MRC SYNCHRO SOUND BOX

Started by rookie, October 02, 2010, 09:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rookie

Have any of you guys ever tried one of these? I have been wanting to go to dcc but am not interested unless i can get a system with 5 amps. I just don't think i would be satisfied with anything less. However, i don't have the money to purchase one quite yet. The sound box sounds like i could use it for a while, without spending much money, and get sounds and a horn. That way i could hold off on purchasing a dcc system as well as loco's and still have sound for my dc engines while i continue to work on my layout. I have a grandson who is really looking forward to hearing the diesel engine. I have read some pretty good product reviews elsewhere but value your input. thanks, david

richg

If no one here has an answer as it is a different manufacturer, I would join the Yahoo MRC Group. It is free. I belong to this group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MRC-DCC/

You can also do a Google search for mrc synchro box review.
I find a lot of answers to stuff by searching the 'Net.

Rich

bobwrgt

I purchased one about a month ago. I'm very pleased with it. Several sounds to choose from. Sometimes i even use it with my sound engines to get another whistle or horn.
Do a search on the internet and you can find one for around $40.00 with both steam and diesel sound together in one unit.  MRC#1025.
Got mine from JOHNS Hobbies. Best $40.00 i spent.

Bob

Doneldon

rook-

Digitrax, Lenz and NCE all have five-amp DCC systems.  They are full-featured systems, too.

-- D