News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

A NARROW GAUGE 'BIG' DIESEL LOCO ??

Started by Stevelewis, October 03, 2010, 06:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevelewis

I am wondering  if  BACHMANN will ever  produce  a Narrow  gauge  BIG diesel loco?

I reckon that  such a loco  would  sell well,  I quite  like  the  look  of  Richyoder's GE 50 tonner, but  the price  is a  little  high!  Although I am  quite  temped  to  order one!

Has any one else  any thoughts on  this  subject??

Steve  Lewis

North Wales UK
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

lvrr325

You would think they could take their data for the HO 44-tonner and scale up some tooling for an On30/O/O hirail version that share shells with one another.  The On30 would need a smaller cab and different deck and each one would call for different running gear. 

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

I wouldn't mind seeing Bachmann do their 45 or 70 tonners in On30.   As for Rich Yoder,  his stuff is brass and if it is offered in a painted version,  his painter is the same guy who does stuff for me and is EXTREMELY talented.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Stevelewis

Hi  Bob
I am  seriously  thinking  of  ordering   a  R Yoder  GE50,  but the  thought  that  Bachmann  (or even  another  manufacturer) may produce a less expensive  BIG diesel loco  worries  me a  bit!!

Is  there  any updated info  on  the  GE50  over  there  I have  emailed him but not  recvd  any  replies!

Steve

ebtbob

Steve,

I wish I could answer your question but I cannot.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

ebtbob

Steve,

In a effort to try to keep Rich Yoder's painter out of the middle of this discussion,  I have email the painter to see if he has info on the progress of the project for the GE 50.   As soon as I have any info I will post it here.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

ebtbob

Steve,

This is the answer I got from Rich Yoder's painter.

Rich was here Sunday and I asked about is SP narrow gauge diesel project. He said last talking to the builder in China,Rich should expect delivery in Feb-2011. He said builder had a lot of workers quit on him demanding higher wages. Looks like Chinese will out price themselves out of the brass building market like the Koreans did years ago(Japan before them) if they keep this up.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

Stevelewis

Hi Bob
Thanks  for info
I have  sent  you  a  PM