Knapford Question for the Bach-mann

Started by CJS, October 03, 2010, 06:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJS

Could you give a description of the Knapford kit? or maybe some dimensions of it? Anything would be great.
Modeling of Sodor:
http://ttte.freeforums.org/

PerfectPercy

This could have been put in the Everything Thomas Topic, or added to the Knapford Station thread a couple pages back. It answered a couple but not all of your questions.

As far as I know, it was said to be able to fit one engine and one coach in a platform (Spencer + his coach maybe, who knows). That is about 2 feet in platform length and if we knew how many platforms it was, you could do the math: each platform is about 2 1/8" (I think, I need this verified) and you need your 2 inches from center to center with track and spaces between track and platforms. That all adds up in the end to give a rough set of dimensions for Knapford Station.

Hope this helps, at least a little bit. :P

On the first note, by the way, try not to post new threads for just one set of questions. A thread should be for an ongoing discussion on a topic and when there is already a thread for that topic, then the new one becomes a waste. Personally, I feel bad for whoever has to clean house in maintenance mode. :-\

Bluecoatscheesypoofs

It should be able to fit 2 coaches cosidering that most engines (especially large engines) over-run the platform untill the end of the tender is just under the canopy. However,  more kits can be added onto it to make the station longer.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: PerfectPercy on October 03, 2010, 06:13:38 PM
This could have been put in the Everything Thomas Topic, or added to the Knapford Station thread a couple pages back. It answered a couple but not all of your questions.
Not really as a topic about a specific question would draw Bachmanns attention.

Hornbyfan

Quote from: PerfectPercy on October 03, 2010, 06:13:38 PM

As far as I know, it was said to be able to fit one engine and one coach in a platform (Spencer + his coach maybe, who knows). That is about 2 feet in platform length and if we knew how many platforms it was, you could do the math: each platform is about 2 1/8" (I think, I need this verified) and you need your 2 inches from center to center with track and spaces between track and platforms. That all adds up in the end to give a rough set of dimensions for Knapford Station.

Hope this helps, at least a little bit. :P

On the first note, by the way, try not to post new threads for just one set of questions. A thread should be for an ongoing discussion on a topic and when there is already a thread for that topic, then the new one becomes a waste. Personally, I feel bad for whoever has to clean house in maintenance mode. :-\

who cares about a bunch of threads!!??

BillingsRR

So he made a thread because he didn't find the answer he wanted, the world hasn't ended, has it?

TheJJ

Quote from: Bluecoatscheesypoofs on July 15, 2011, 01:27:51 AM
It should be able to fit 2 coaches cosidering that most engines (especially large engines) over-run the platform untill the end of the tender is just under the canopy. However,  more kits can be added onto it to make the station longer.
Now are they kits to make them long or to add more sections? Bare with me on this, becuase we all know that each section holds 2 sets of rails between the platforms  but in the model it only holds one. So will it it make the length longer or the width longer?

DinoNTrains

Something tells me that the kits will just add more sections.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

PasqualeCS96

Its a good looking model i just wish there was space for two tracks between each platform and not just one like in the series, oh well it looks great still.

TheJJ

branmas

Quote from: JJ96 on July 15, 2011, 04:17:24 PM
Quote from: Bluecoatscheesypoofs on July 15, 2011, 01:27:51 AM
Now are they kits to make them long or to add more sections? Bare with me on this, becuase we all know that each section holds 2 sets of rails between the platforms  but in the model it only holds one. So will it it make the length longer or the width longer?
i think you can add to make it longer with lenth AND longer with width.

Bucksco

It is on the right. Two large coaches fit comfortably.

DinoNTrains

Quote from: Yardmaster on July 16, 2011, 12:49:29 PM

It is on the right. Two large coaches fit comfortably.

Thank you so very much, Yardmaster. That helped quite a lot. :)
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Cheeky_ULP

Thanks for sharing that with us. I always enjoy seeing the Bachmann Displays.  :) I'm also noticing the windmill.