News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Rail Truck

Started by Peter Webster, October 04, 2010, 05:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Webster

I am really cheesed off as I am now on my 5th Rail Truck that I have purchased through various suppliers in both the U.S. and Australia. The main fault seems to be the slipping of or not properly meshing of the gears.
Sure I can and have sent these back to the suppliers but why should we have to. The inconvenience and cost of sending models back to the U.S. every time you buy them is getting out of hand. Bachmann should fix this problem asap. I have 7 other Spectrum locos and they are all great runners but this Rail Truck is really letting the team down .

Stevelewis

Hi Peter

I know  just  how  you feel,  usually the   Bachmann 0n30 locos are pretty  reliable, there  have been a couple of  early editions of Porters & Gas-Mechanicals  which suffered  from  various problems, but generally  speaking  the  larger locos  are good.

I must  admit  I did not  really  want  a  Railtruck but as it  was being offered at a  knock down price I bought it, but it was   on its  way  back to the  retailer  within  a couple of  hours of delivery.

Usually  the  retailers in the  UK  are pretty good in that  they  refund  postal  costs  if  an item is  found to be  faulty.
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!