News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum 2-8-0 driver wheels

Started by Konrad, December 05, 2010, 05:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Konrad

I have a Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0 (ATSF) that is about 14 years old. I have had my equipment packed for over half of that time. I have begun to design a new layout and since there is a Christmas tree, I dug out the snap track and tried to run my steamer (at the Chief Financial Officer's...Wife's request).

It promptly locked up!

Upon inspection I found that two sets of the driver wheels had become splayed apart. When I disassembled the engine, I found the metal wheels had become unglued from the insulating bushings and in fact one is cracked.

Are parts offered (i.e. new bushings) and what type of glue should I use to reassemble the drivers to the bushings?
The bushing is a white, hard, engineering plastic type material.

I am sure this is all age (ozone) related as the engine has very low hours and has spent the majority of its time on a spur, in an engine house or in the original box.

Thanks for any help,
Konrad

richg

That sounds like a major project.
Go the the Parts & Service page for info on returning the loco for a replacement.
Some here recommend a phone call before returning.

Rich

the Bach-man

Dear Konrad,
Please contact the service department. They'll e happy to help.
Happy Holidays!
the Bach-man

Konrad

After posting my question, I dug a little further and found the complete driver set listed in the parts department; however, I will be sure to give the service department a call on Monday.

Thanks for the help,
Konrad