News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Santa Arrived Early---

Started by GTBob, October 11, 2010, 03:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTBob

Just rec'd my new WbB Rock Island GP-9 loco today.  Can't wait to put her on the tracks for a go around.  Unfortunately, my layout is partially torn up so the tryout will have to wait a few days or so.  She certainly is a beaut....  I feel like a kid again.....

Regards,

GTBob  ;D
"If a man does his best, what else is there!"--General George S. Patton Jr.

Mike_AA9ZY

I love my WBB FA-1 engines in Rock Island colors. I had to find an Atlas O Trainman RI caboose, because no one else seems to offer a decent Rock Island caboose. Fortunately, Walthers still had some in stock.

GTBob

Quote from: Mike_AA9ZY on October 11, 2010, 04:43:46 PM
I love my WBB FA-1 engines in Rock Island colors. I had to find an Atlas O Trainman RI caboose, because no one else seems to offer a decent Rock Island caboose. Fortunately, Walthers still had some in stock.

Funny-----I too had a heck of a time finding a really good looking RI caboose.  Took a few months B/4 I found a MTH RI Bay Window caboose.  Once I had the caboose, I then ordered the RI GP-9 loco.  The WbB GP-9 and the MTH caboose really do compliment each other.

GTBob
"If a man does his best, what else is there!"--General George S. Patton Jr.

Joe Satnik

"Now, you are one fine looking locomotive.."

"Well, caboose, you're not too bad looking yourself.."

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

DominicMazoch

In the late '70's, I did see a REAL GP in Ft Worth, from the Amtrak LONE STAR.  Enjoy!

Mike_AA9ZY

I think the Rock Island red, silver, and black paint scheme was one of the snazziest color schemes for a railroad.

So far, I have the WBB FA-1 set and BL-2 in RI colors. I may eventually buy the Geep too.