whats your favorite william's locomotive

Started by bluerose lady, October 04, 2010, 11:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluerose lady

Hello Kevin22..........

I would like to have the williams GS-4 myself but i think at this time Williams/bachmann does not make matching southern pacific passenger cars for it.   My parents rode on the Daylight back in 1941 los angeles,ca.
the woman who loves toy trains
Tiffany

kevin22

Hi BlueRose Lady,
I currently have the MTH SP Daylight set. I am thinking of replacing the MTH engine with the Williams GS4. I think that the color scheme is pretty close. If Williams ever does make a matching passenger car set i would consider looking into it; but i think for know this is going to look great. Thanks for the reply! Hope to talk to you again soon!

Mike_AA9ZY

Cobrabob8

I currently own four Williams locomotives. My favorite has to be my Santa Fe ABA F3s. I always wanted Lionel's version and never got one. I looked at used Lionel Santa Fe F3s at train shows and realized that I could get a superior looking and also brand new product by buying Williams. Actually, ;D my wife bought the A units for me for Christmas a few years ago and I went back to the shop and ordered the B unit. Next in order of preference is my Pennsy Hudson, Pennsy Alco FA AAs and last but not least my C&O BL2. All are great running pieces and all have excellent paint jobs. Thank you Williams/ Williams by Bachmann for such a great product! ;D
Bob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

bluerose lady

hello Kevin22......
youre very welcome (smile).  Was there a problem with the MTH daylight engine ?  I think the the Williams daylight engine looks better overall with just the right amout of shade of orange (just my opinion) if williams/bachmann makes the matching daylight cars for it, i would buy the whole set LOL.  I have just 2 williams engines that is santa fe berkshire and sd-45.  Kevin are you a southern pacific fan by chance ?
Tiffany

phillyreading

The S-2 Pennsy is a nice steam engine and can pull a lot of freight cars as well.

I like the quality of Williams engines and passenger cars but wish they would make more passenger cars for the Reading Company. I searched the website and there might be one set of passenger cars for the Reading Company, also not many engines for Reading Lines either, like the GP-38. Reading had a large fleet of GP-38's, both new and re-conditioned.

Lee F.

lennyski

I'm with you Tiffany. If they come out with the matching passenger cars I would buy the SP Daylight set as well. Until then my favorite is the turbine. I have the green passenger cars and they look great together.

kevin22

Hey Bluerose Lady,
There is nothing wrong with my MTH GS4, other than it is Loco Sound, and not PS2.0. I was unable to get it in PS2.0 at the time;but i really wanted the set, so i went with it. It's an awesome smoker; but i want something alittle better, and in my mind Williams by Bachman's GS4 is exactly what i am looking for in an engine, and as i have said in other posts that for me it is right in my price range.
Yes i am a Southern Pacific fan. I would love to have been able to take a ride on the Daylight back in the hayday of train travel. So i guess this my way of getting that ride by have this set as my main passenger train on my layout. Well hope to talk to you soon!!
Kevin

bluerose lady

Hello kevin22........

that's really cool !!!!!!!!! I saw the real daylight #4449 at the "railfair 99" in 1999 in Sacramento and this is the first time in my life i ever seen a real one and i tell you this much that the orange color of the side skirting really was bright as it sits in sunshine !!.  The engine was in the sacremento railroad museum at the time.   There was also a cab forward inside too. I remenber back in early 1980's there was often SD-45's in grey color with bloody nose on front roaring by near the place where i worked.  the engines were a group of 3 ot 4 engines at the time pulling long freights......
Tiffany

bluerose lady

Hello lennyski.........
I LIKE those little drivers or wheels of the S-2 turbine, i bet they spin the big siderods around pretty fast and its a blurrrrrrrrrrrrr.  I wish they had that engine in santa fe colors like my berkshire ( i know the turbine is a pennsy locomotive) but "so what", its a toy train !!!! SMILE and put the santa fe O27 streamliners behind it.   I would buy that set.
Tiffany