Paint Chips Narrow Gauge Rail Truck

Started by msenter, October 04, 2010, 11:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msenter

Mr. Bach Man:
Re:Narrow Gauge Rail Truck
Road Name: Painted Unlettered - Yellow & Black
Product Code: 82397
I recently purchased a new railtruck at the Fall ECLSTS.  When I open the box at home I noticed a few paint chips on the hood of the truck. How do I obtain touch up paint or can I match the Yellow paint from a hobby supply store? What brand and color would match? Thanks for the help, it was good seeing you at the show.
Best regards,
Marvin Senter

Sleeping Bear

I found out a while back that Bachmann prototypes are painted with Krylon spray paint(from walmart and such) and the production factory matches that paint as best they can. To date, and I'm sure Someone will disagree, I have found Krylon to match up pretty good with what I've done. Start with Krylon's web page, they have color samples there and will get you in the ballpark. It shouldn't have to be said, but I will, test on something else first to be sure......'G'
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

the Bach-man

Dear Marvin,
In general, Bear is right, but the rail trucks were painted in Hong Kong with factory mixed paint.  You might be better off using the chips as rust spots and do some mild weathering.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Sleeping Bear

their is also the option of a full repaint, maybe some costom touches while your at it,  but then the rust idea would be costom as well I imagine........'G'
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"