News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New On30 Porter

Started by lbdesigns, October 12, 2010, 01:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lbdesigns

I have heard rumors of a new Spectrum 0-4-2 Porter with DCC and Sound on Board.   What are the facts?

Stevelewis

According  to  my  supplier over  here  They  should be available  by  christmas..

Details if you  wish to  view www.tower-models.com  (They are in Blackpool UK)  Scroll down  the  news page at the  home page  to  July  27th!  (quite a long  way  down  as  there is lots of  news!!)
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

NarrowMinded

No rumor, there's 0-4-0 and 0-4-2 dcc and dcc w/sound from the first engineering photos there are slight differences, maybe a cast metal floor instead of plastic, the sound model will not have a conventional speaker but an "exciter" which makes the cab act as a
Speaker,  I think it is somewhat like the needle and cone on an old victrola record player turning vibration into sound, which is all sound is after all, I am sure with modern electronics the sound will be good, I also read that you will still be able to change cabs.

I can't wait for them to come out, I already told my local hobby shop I want one of each sound version.

NM