News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

i got me a girls set!!!

Started by the nitro man, October 04, 2010, 10:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the nitro man

i bought a pink Williams girls set & it showed up here at home today. it looks great & runs pretty good too. the whistle in the tender is sweet. when i first started running the engine, it had a loud squeak in the drive rods that drove me crazy. i had to take them all appart, clean, & adjust them. one of the main rods was rubbing the wheel as it turned. after i got done with that it runs real quite.

theres a couple things i don't like.

I'm not a big fan of only the back axle being geared to the motor. i would have figured they were geared together, but their not. are all Williams steam engines like that?

the motor seems to run pretty warm. almost hot enough to burn you by touching the flywheel. also, the flywheel action sucks. kill the power & it slides to a stop. it's nothing like my railking steamers.

all in all i do like it, i just expected more.

lennyski

Check out the Hudson running hot post. Had the same issue with my new Pennsy Hudson. I would follow the recommendations by the people there, mostly making sure it is lubed properly. Good Luck with it.

the nitro man

i ran it again tonight for about half an hour & it only got warm. maybe it just needed broken in? it did get pretty warm after i put 15 freight cars behind it & let it run another half an hour, but that would probably be normal. it's a great puller, & i love the whistle.

phillyreading

That's nice to know about the girl's set. Just in case I get one for my wife. ;D

Does the set come with track and transformer or just the engine and freight cars?

Lee F.

the nitro man

just the engine & cars, no track or transformer is included.