Dream rolling stock for Bachmann to produce

Started by kcsivils1, October 13, 2010, 08:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcsivils1

An RPO (Railway Post Office Car) and a closed vestibule coach such as the ones used on the San Juan, Shavano or the ET&WNC.

With an RPO a complete passenger consist can be assembled with existing passenger stock.

I would also like to see an all steel box car similar to the EBT box cars.

Hamish K

First and of high priority -  excursion cars, similar to the Bachmann  HO scale open sided (not Jackson Sharp) excursion cars.

Also a log skidder, similar to those available from Bachmann in HO and Large scales.

Both of these seem well overdue for On30.

Hamish.

Hamish K

In addition to my suggestions above - shorter passenger cars, perhaps a version of the long caboose without the cupola (could be kit bashed I know) and a matching coach. While i know of no exact prototype these would be fairly typical of narrow gauge stock, including 30 inch gauge, in many parts of the world.

I don't really expect Bachmann to make these. but this is a dream thread after all.

Hamish

mmiller

I'd really like to see the Jackson and Sharpe excursion cars (in Disney livery  :o )
...and some freight cars with the doors that opened to the right instead of the left
...and a duck billed roof passenger cars and matching combination car
...oh, and I don't know if this counts as rolling stock or not, but a snow plow like the RGS Plow-Flanger #2
mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge

Dusten Barefoot

ET&WNC Piggy backs anyone? I would like some excursion cars, but nothing like the HO scale ones, something like ET&WNC car 11. Yes some steel box cars would be nice. It's two in the morn and it's a sleepless week so i'm not at my best lol; some modern steel frame tank cars, or the RPO would be nice, how about RTR Vestibule coaches such as the ET&WNC. I'm aware of the kits from Deer Field laser, but I would prefer some already made to where I won't mess up a kit.

Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

ebtbob

How about an EBT style caboose such as the one Bachmann already has offered in large scale?   After all,  the year after the release of the steel two bay hoppers in On30,  the same cars were offered in large scale, so come on Bachmann,  if you can increase car size then how about downsizing a car size.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Steve Magee

Logging disconnects! Not every log road cuts Bachmann Standard Logs :-)

lvrr325

I'm most of the way through scratchbuilding an RPO based on plans of Denver & Rio Grande car 51 from a 1964 issue of RMC.  It's made with Evergreen styrene, some Plastruct 1/4 round, and Grandt Line corner posts, steps, platforms, trucks, windows and end doors.  I even made the floor, although if I'd been smart I'd have stretched it by a few boards somewhere and made the shell to fit the Bachmann coach underframe.  Not that it's hard to make a floor, it just would have saved some work.  It's rolling around the layout, but I need a couple more side windows and to either find or make side doors to finish the body.   This car has a round roof, which made it easy to build.  I'm tempted to do a baggage to match, I've found pictures of similar style baggage cars used on the Catskill Mountain Railway, but I also have plans for a Carson & Colorado car with 2 side doors and no vestibules that's close to the Bachmann cars otherwise and looks fairly simple to build.   

I suspect the next projects will be a car based on some WWII era plans in MR for a Rio Grande reefer, or possibly a take on SR&RL coach 20 simply because I picked up a couple of Grandt Line window and door sets for one.  (that car runs about 50' long, so it's liable to be shortened a bit; the roof on it looks challenging as it's humped up like a clerestory but it's rounded with no small windows). 

And frankly if I can do this stuff, anyone should be able to, I had no real scratchbuilding experience before this.  It's mostly just measure and cut, and styrene is easy to work with, even to cut windows into a panel - often I position them by photocopying a drawing I then cut up and use as a template.  Grandt Line makes so many other detail parts that finishing a car off isn't hard either.

Royce Wilson

How about a blacksmith car similar to the one that Tyco/Mantua had in HO scale years ago.
And of course a RGS plow flanger!

Royce :D

Royce Wilson

Or how about the West Side Lumber Co push plow.

Royce ;D

Tomcat

Anything West Side Lumber would be awesome. Another favorite to me would be one of the tiny little Cabeese... (No.3,6,7 absolute fav`s) and please please please Bach-man: A geared thing to put in front; the Shay No.15 ooor - as your asked... something else geared.... (WSLCo No3 which was a Hxxxxxx...) ;D

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

glennk28

The "San Juan" passenger cars are coming from San Juan Car Co.

I'd like to see the ET&WNC piggyback car in On30
Glenn Joesten

lvrr325

Plow:  Caboose body on freight car chassis, scratchbuild a blade, done.  Already mocked one up.   Hardest part is making the curved blade, but maybe thin styrene added to a cheap HO plow blade (like the IHC one) would be suitable.   

Royce Wilson

By the time you purchase a Bachmann caboose and the IHC Ho plow, which is too narrow then you could just add a few more bucks and purchase a nice Plow Flanger kit from Keith Wieseman.

Royce

lvrr325

Last caboose I bought I got at a show for $10... the plow was $4, and just what I happen to have sitting here, it might be the basis for something partially scratchbuilt to the correct width, or it might not be suitable for the conversion.