News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

World War II trains

Started by ryeguyisme, October 13, 2010, 10:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryeguyisme

Well, i started this little interest of mine when i had bought a 1/35 self propelled armored railcar, and being 1/35 is very far from 1:32 i decided to convert it to run on G gauge track which turned out to be a success and then as money became an issue my interests in the subject deterred away and i focused on other thing(much of you know I don't always stick to one project at once;there will be more christmas layout updates soon since ive done alot already)

Recently, I caught the armored train bug again and i had some money and being it my birthday less than a week away I decided to spoil myself and bought 3 kits two are mail-order and will be arriving in a couple days maybe tomorrow the tracking says its in NH and im in CT who knows

but I dropped off my parents at the airport and went to the Time Machine Hobby Shop in Manchester CT and I stopped in and saw they had one part of the series I was buying which is the Orange box value thingy that Dragon Models is doing I got a gondola car and a low-side gondola/flatcar  via mailorder but I wish I had bought the flatcar and tank via mail order but its okay my birthday was coming up and despite the teeth gnawing and gnashing price tag I decided what the heck might as well, it was just $5 more than had i bought it online with postage and all
well here it is:

Parts:

I did some cutting and adjustments with washers:

now how it looks on G gauge along with my first project:

I must say it beats spending $250+ for a imported marklin flatcar, I only spent $51

Sleeping Bear

very nice ryeguy, my brother-in-law will drool when I show him....as long as I'm here..does any one know of a model of Big Bertha that is close to 'G' that could be converted???
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

ryeguyisme

there are kits, for the dora, and k5 leopold railguns as well as the karl and thor morsers in 1:35

ryeguyisme

Well finished the basic construction on the plattformwagen and gave it some of my paint work:

the whole thing was primed with black paint, the wood wood dry-brushed on with a coat of reddish brown mixed with brown first then paint with brown mixed with white to show wear