News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Price's

Started by thomasforever1, October 15, 2010, 07:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJJ

My local hobby shop closed. :'( But there if a walters further away. If I ask them to order Tidmouth Sheds will it come at the $175.00 price or cheaper like the other products?

MetaDude27

Quote from: SodorAdventures on February 09, 2011, 04:12:59 PM
Quote from: MetaDude27 on February 09, 2011, 11:55:56 AM
Recently I got an Edward priced at only $31.20! However for some strange reason, the website took all their Bachmann Thomas stuff off shortly afterwards. Coincidence? Hmm...

31.20!!!!   They must be A) Going out of business B) Trying to get rid of the Thomas line

I don't think they're trying to get rid of their Thomas line. Just before they took everything down, they raised all the prices back to retail. Plus they still have the G scale line (which is also ridiculously priced). In the past they had all the Bachmann Thomas stuff marked at exactly 50% retail. Maybe what happened was after Bachmann's prices went up, they didn't raise their prices with them. They're probably just re-pricing everything. The place is called "Ridge Road Station", and it's located in New York. Maybe one of you has heard of it. (I also got a red Express Brake Coach for $14.80 and a brake van for $7.40. ;D)

BillingsRR

They have a great website and slash all of the prices! Shame they are retiring, if I had the time I would stop in, but from now to July I am booked. Confirmation, Graduation, Musical(I am Nana the dog in my schools play this year, Peter Pan), Weddings, Birthdays(all milestones), and so much more! Little hobby shops like those really help the model railroading community and it seems one by one they slowing disappear or go out of business. It is a shame, but Bachmann is doing a great job attracting young kids with the Thomas line. Hopefully they will grow up and still be interested in the hobby.

I have a small hobby shop in my town, but they really only sell S Gauge and a little HO. No G so I don't shop much there. There is one a few towns over, and I am friendly with the owner. I have been a repeat costumer for years. He sells mainly O and then there is a good amount of G. No N or HO, but he has enough scales to attract local hobbyists. Sadly he said his sales are way down and it does not look to good, but he said he will still be able to stay open. Then over the river and past Philly to Nicholas Smith I go for almost all of my model railroading needs. I try to support as many hobby shops as I can so they stay open.

Cheeky_ULP

My local hobby stores were never big on HO Thomas items.

This was a bump, but it seems the discussion has bloomed.  ;)

Bluecoatscheesypoofs

Ya dude... I Agree with sodoradventures. Bachmann has the prices on the rolling stock for a reason! If you don't like the prices of the rolling stock on the website,  then go to a discount hobby site.   >:(

BillingsRR

Discount hobby shops are my favorite places to shop!  ;D

J70

The Bachmann Thomas range is actually priced well compared to other HO items. It's an ideal starting point into the hobby, and so is marketed at a reasonable price. They do have to make some money from the range you know  ::)

J70

jward

the amazing thing is that these models run as well as they do for the price they sell for. look at some of the junk that's out there in entry level train sets. bachmann needs to be commended for the upgrades they've made in the quality of their product over the years. having decent running models available at a modest price is the best way to attract people to this hobby.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

SodorAdventures

Quote from: jward on February 12, 2011, 07:58:17 PM
the amazing thing is that these models run as well as they do for the price they sell for. look at some of the junk that's out there in entry level train sets. bachmann needs to be commended for the upgrades they've made in the quality of their product over the years. having decent running models available at a modest price is the best way to attract people to this hobby.

Eh, well, they are kinda pricey, scence we are in a recession, the Manufacturer prices are SO not recession prices :P , and, well, their quality on Thomas items, eh, well. I LOVE THEM!!!
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

TobyTheTram16

well the ccheapest place to get Bachmann Thomas model in USD's is Hobbylinc.com that's where I buy my model's from

SodorAdventures

Quote from: TobyTheTram16 on February 13, 2011, 01:12:31 AM
well the ccheapest place to get Bachmann Thomas model in USD's is Hobbylinc.com that's where I buy my model's from

You think that's cheap!!! Check out wholesaletrains.com !!!  Tell me what you think?
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

MetaDude27

Or how about TrainSetsOnly.com? Anyone heard of that site?

7029cluncastle

i live in the UK and the bachmann thomas range is so much cheaper than the hornby stuff. just recently hornby have announced murdoch for around £90 recomended retail price and the new character dart for £40, when dart is the same size of bill and ben!  :o
the hornby emily is around £70 but i recently bought the bachmann version WITH  the matching coaches for £64! edward is the same price as emily and i can get the bachmann version for £44.99!!
"There are two ways of doing things: the Great Western way, or the wrong way. I' m Great Western and..."

TobyTheTram16

Quote from: SodorAdventures on February 13, 2011, 09:33:48 AM

You think that's cheap!!! Check out wholesaletrains.com !!!  Tell me what you think?

Well sorry it's just my opinion jeez  >:( wholesale trains isn't the only place to buy Bachmann Thomas items

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: TobyTheTram16 on February 15, 2011, 04:17:25 PM
Quote from: SodorAdventures on February 13, 2011, 09:33:48 AM

Well sorry it's just my opinion jeez  >:( wholesale trains isn't the only place to buy Bachmann Thomas items
he know he didn't want to get you angered but just bringing up that its cheaper there