News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Heisler decision?

Started by Trains Again, May 30, 2007, 08:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trains Again

Has Bachmann or Bachmann Spectrum ever come to a decision of they will ever produce a HO Heisler?  I asked Rivarrossi and Hornby, and they said that they won't be making any more.

martin_lumber

Considering Bachmann has made quite a bit if Cass Scenic Railroad equipment (Shay 5, log car, excursion car (if they ever produce them)), I suspect that if there would be a prototype for a 3 truck Heisler, it would come from # 6. It is not necessarly a standard Heisler, as it is oversized, and classed as a West Coast Special, but I don't think too many people would care.

The Rivarossi Heisler (3 truck) is wrong, as it is a 2tk with a tender.

I would like to see a West Side Lumber #3 Heisler, as it is the cutest engine I have ever seen :)

Phil

paustinsmith

Bachmann, I would love to see a small Heisler in the 45 ton range. It would go perfectly with your small Climax and make an excellent platform for  kitbashing. There is already a large  Heisler available in the marketplace.

Peter Smith,  Memphis

ebtnut

Just to let you know, we've been down this road before.  Mr. Bachmann is fully aware of the desire for a Heisler to complement the Climax and Shay.  Since they've done the engine in Large scale, we expect it will be done sooner or later in HO, and hopefully one in On30 as well.

Trains Again