Bachman Orient Express HO Train Set

Started by bsmith113, October 19, 2010, 12:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsmith113

I bought a Bachman Orient Express HO scale train set on eBay and cant get it working.  The tender has the motor in it and has two wires that dont attach to anywhere I can find.  I had the motor tested and it works.  Does anyone have one of these sets and/or knows how to get it working?  I took it to a train store but they want a small fortune to get it working.  Thanks.

ABC

bobwrgt

Sound lke someone modified the tender. All the sets i've seen actually had an engine made by Jouef (France). Tender  should pick up power from the rear truck on the tender and the front truck had gears and traction tires. Boiler of the engine was just pushed along by the tender. Someone may have added power pick-up to the boiler part of the engine and ran wires to the tender. Good idea for dirty track and better running but not origional. Try cleaning all the wheels and you can remove the rear truck from the tender to clean all the pick-up parts. Look inside the boiler section to see where the wires might have been attached. Once you clean the rear truck on the tender it should run on it's own.
When you remove the screw holding the rear coupler on,  the cover of the rear truck will come off and you will have to clean everything inside. Wheels and contacts have to be clean for good pick-up. Make sure your track is clean also.
If this does not sound correct please post pictures so we can see what you have.

Bob