News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Finding the value of trains

Started by glorsul, October 20, 2010, 02:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glorsul

I have some Bachmann HO scale model engines that I found in the attic from about 20 years ago or more.  I need to know if they are worth any notable monies before I give them to the grandkids to play with.

I have a Santa Fe Lighted engine with a red nose.
A Union Pacific  engine #866.
An HO Overland 4-8-4 & Tender w/smoke, Union Pacific.
An AT&SF Lighted smoke engine with coal tenderer.
A Union Pacific EMD GP35 Diesel engine #763

Are they valuable in any way?

ABC

The steam locomotives are very fragile and are worth some money, the diesel locomotives are negligible and are not worth very much. The Overland 4-8-4 with tender and smoke is worth $40-$60, the AT&SF steam engine is worth about $30, and the other locomotives are worth $5-10 each. Provided that they all run well and are not damaged, this would lower the value some.

bobwrgt

Best place to get a true value is to check the ended auctions on Ebay. Just do a search and you can tell what the CURRENT market will pay.

Bob

Doneldon

glorsul-

I'm sorry but none of those will make you rich.  Depending on condition the whole lot will probably run $150 to $200 when sold on ebay.  Don't sell them as one parcel, however.  Sell them separately and include several good, focused pictures.

--D