News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

McAfee Warning??

Started by bob kaplan, October 21, 2010, 10:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob kaplan

My McAfee protection is giving me a red flag when i enter the Bachmann site.  Something about Bachmann sending out a great deal of spam...anyone else getting this??

fieromike

richg

I have been with the Bachmann forums for some time and have never seen any Spam. Check your McAfee settings.
Once is a great while I use to see a Spam message  in one or two forums but not for a while.
Now, do you mean Spam in the forum or Bachmann related Spam in your email address?
I have never received any Bachmann related Spam in any of my email addresses.

Rich

pipefitter

My McAfee av recently expired but it had never given me any warnings about the Bachmann site. I know the warning box you're talking about. And I almost never get any spam.

Robert
Grew up next to B&O's Metropolitan Branch - Silver Spring Maryland

RAM

Bob, it is not that Bachmann sends out Spam, but I can go to your profile and see that your email address is nys-----@aol.com.  You need to go to your profile and change it so your email address is not public. 

NMWTRR

Yes it popped up on my site advisor too.

I checked I believe my e mail is not accessible to the public.

Very saaad face :( :( :(

bob kaplan

went in and changed my profile...and the red flag is still shown!!!......????

RAM

Good, you now have a hidden email address.  I know this would not help as far as McAfee, but it keep other from getting you email address.  I will go along with Rich.  Check your McAfee settings because you may get this if you signed up for any forum. 

bob kaplan

Never got this warning in any other forum....and i am not getting a red flag NOW!!....oh will over and done.
   Thanks all.
b

NMWTRR

Mcafee site advisor is back to green!!!!

I have never had that happen before, I guess some one reported spam to Mcafee and they turned it red.

I guess someone or Mr B mann talked with Mcafee to clear it up.

Any way I enjoy this discussion board and did not want to stop visiting it.  :)

bob kaplan

in total agreement with you!!