STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 09, 2019, 05:53:36 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Bachmann Steam Locos
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Bachmann Steam Locos  (Read 5864 times)
4-8-4unionpacific

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 02:58:24 PM »

I also have a question.Whats the the cheapest Shay or articulated logger I can buy?Im low on money.
4-8-4unionpacific

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 03:08:23 PM »

Does anyone know what the cheapest articulated logger or shay(preferably a three truck)is.I'm tight on money so I'm on a quest.
simkon
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2010, 03:16:25 PM »

I also have a question.Whats the the cheapest Shay or articulated logger I can buy?Im low on money.
The cheapest shay currently being produced is the Bachmann that has sound & DCC with an MSRP of $445. The cheapest articulated logging locomotive is the Mantua 2-6-6-2 at $170. On the internet the Mantua 2-6-6-2 can be purchased for around $140 plus shipping. The Bachmann shay can be found on the internet for around $250 plus the cost of shipping. So you would need at least $150 to buy a new 2-6-6-2 logging locomotive.
4-8-4unionpacific

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 01:12:07 PM »

What aout unpowerd shay kits.Iv seen some on ebay for 30 dollars and thought it would be easier to buy it and then the motors.Would it b cheaper?
simkon
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 01:57:25 PM »

What aout unpowerd shay kits.Iv seen some on ebay for 30 dollars and thought it would be easier to buy it and then the motors.Would it b cheaper?
I would not do that unless you are very talented and skillful individual, because Shays have many moving parts and are a lot different from a regular steam loco. If you could not do it yourself it would be a lot more expensive. Basically your only options are buy the shay for about $250 or the 2-6-6-2 for about $150. Unless you just want the shay to be non-powered and just for display.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: