Unopened big hauler set 90-0100

Started by eb00rs0, October 22, 2010, 03:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eb00rs0

Hi there

I have an in opened big hauler item number 90-0100 and am looking to sell it.

Could you recommend the best place to sell it?

Cheers

ABC

Ebay/craigslist, flea market, garage sale, or train expo/show would all be suitable.

eb00rs0

Thank alot for that. Do you have any idea how much it could potentially fetch? It's quite old (over 10 years) and still unopened!

Cheers

Woody Elmore

I just googled the name Big Hauler and the set number. I came up with prices (at auction) of $25 and $45. Clearly, if you sell this set shipping might be more costly than the train set.

A ten year old train set is not "quite old" - a Lionel Blue Comet set from 1930 deserves that appelation.

Good luck with your sale - maybe you'll find the one buyer who absolutely must have that set for a collection.

mabloodhound

You probably would do just as well at a yard sale or similar.   Maybe go in with a neighbor who is having a sale.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

eb00rs0

Thanks for your help, advice much apprectiated

ABC

I did some research a few different people listed your exact train set on ebay recently. One was listed for $50 with free parcel post shipping and the item had no bids and did not sell. While another person listed his for $1 with $20 shipping, it had a few bids and ultimately sold for $11.53 for a grand total of $31.53. So your set it only worth about $12 after you factor in shipping of $20 - $25. You would do well selling it somewhere where you do not need to ship it because then you could likely sell it for $35 and you would get all $35 unlike ebay/paypal where you would pay fees and for shipping and you would only net around $8 as opposed to $30-$35.