News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

who builds these loads

Started by SteamGene, May 31, 2007, 09:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteamGene

What is the name of the company who builds loads for gons and flats with the following characteristics.
They are packaged on a flat piece of cardboard, covered with transparent plastic.
They come in a strange reddish-gray color.
They are molded and somewhat heavy, though the unpainted portion almost looks like sawdust.
They are relatively heavy.
They also build track side buildings.
Any idea?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

GN.2-6-8-0

Woodland scenic's has those availible at your better Train stores.
Rocky Lives

SteamGene

It's not Woodland Scenics. Thanks. ;)
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

GN.2-6-8-0

Chooch then' just checked their website they have their freight car loads listed...
Rocky Lives

SteamGene

Chooch is it.  Though I ahve a couple of things that are not on their website.  One looks like a base for a 40' box or reefer - like a section gang hut.  The other is a small shack with a sliding door with the slide at an angle.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

r.cprmier

Gene;
With a heavy-duty bridge line traversing "Industrial New England" (as how the newscaster at a radio station in Woscester, Mass used tosay it), I have a big call for flatcar loads and gon loads. 
You are quite correct in that Chooch makes those loads.  They are really good for car loads, as well as diverse.  Greenway, I believe, inventories those also-or at least some that look like Chooch's creations.

It is impressive to watch a 30+carload train moving along the mainline with those kind of loads.  Sort of separates the men from the boys, I guess...
There are lot of companies that make this kind of product.  I am surprised that they are not brought to the forefront more than they are.

RIch
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!