Pacific Coast Air Line Early Rail HO Articles Back

Started by hminky, October 24, 2010, 12:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hminky

I have reposted the HO 1870's articles back on the website. They include U-Link-n-pin coupling, lowering the Mantua 1860 boxcars and tender contacts for the Bachmann 1870's 4-4-0 at:

http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com/1879/

Thank you if you visit
Harold

pipefitter

Thanks for this Harold,

I have five of these boxcars and look forward to making them more realistic with your illustrated instructions. Another no-cost way to add to my rolling stock :D I have an IHC William Mason and a 1980's Mantua General.

Robert
Grew up next to B&O's Metropolitan Branch - Silver Spring Maryland

richg

Good to see that info back.
I have a IHC, Bachmann and General with DCC but no way to install sound yet. As usual, the speaker size is the issue.
I used Harold's idea a couple years ago for better tender wheel pickup. About that time, I found the Roundhouse steamers come with tender all wheel pickup.

Rich

hminky

Quote from: richg on October 24, 2010, 01:03:51 PM
Good to see that info back.
I have a IHC, Bachmann and General with DCC but no way to install sound yet. As usual, the speaker size is the issue.
I used Harold's idea a couple years ago for better tender wheel pickup. About that time, I found the Roundhouse steamers come with tender all wheel pickup.

Rich

Use external speakers tied to a Tsunami decoder. The mind thinks it is in the locomotive. I am currently using a HO Bachmann 2-8-0 with sound. I just disconnected the large plug so that the locomotve won't move and "consisted" the HO Bachmann 4-4-0 to the 2-8-0.

I know some people will say that doesn't work but I am happy with the dispersal of sound.

Will be building a proper "Soundbox" shortly.

Harold