News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

00 gauge red coaches

Started by fitzythe4p, October 28, 2010, 05:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzythe4p

for those of you wishing to model the red coaches from the thomas and friends tv series in 00 gauge, you may want to give a look to these kits made by smallbrook studio
http://www.smallbrookstudio.com/page_1201119033296.html
as you can see they are almost identical to the coaches seen in the show.

SodorAdventures

True, But a'int paying 25 euros for one of em.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

fitzythe4p

thats reasonable, the price is a little steep.  :-\
the reason for posting was to simply introduce a way for a modeller to create their own red coaches with little to no kitbashing required. if one had the funds these would be perfect for just that.

StanierJack

These kits really aren't worth the money, there are alternatives out there that are much superior.

PasqualeCS96

There is already a thread for this along with BoCo......

PerfectPercy

Retooling an Annie/Clarabel model would be a fraction of the price. I'm going to make a tan coach with an extra Annie I got. All I need is to remove the face, the name label, and I need to paint the under carriage black.

branmas

Quote from: PerfectPercy on October 29, 2010, 11:36:55 PM
Retooling an Annie/Clarabel model would be a fraction of the price. I'm going to make a tan coach with an extra Annie I got. All I need is to remove the face, the name label, and I need to paint the under carriage black.
but in the episode "James and the bootlace" they did have faces.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: thomas' #1 fan on December 20, 2010, 05:49:50 PM

Even if this is an old topic, I'm willing to prove my point:

http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/James_and_the_Coaches
This is under the property of Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia.

The above picture is of Clarabel.  :P That is why you thought they had faces. Really, though, there are probably only 3 tan coaches without faces and the other 2 in the line of 5 were actually Annie and Clarabel. The model of coach is the same between those with and those without faces.

If you look at the coaches from ohh... let's say Edward's Exploit:

http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Edward%27s_Exploit

Those coaches definitely do not have faces. You could say I'm kitbashing (if it even is) those coaches. :P ::)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Cheeky_ULP

Just throwing this in;

I theorize during production, the 5 coaches were made, and then two were made with faces. Shortly after their scenes were produced, the two with faces had "Annie" and "Clarabel" written on them, or their names were taken on and off whenever needed.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: Sparks on December 23, 2010, 02:18:01 AM
I theorize during production, the 5 coaches were made, and then two were made with faces. Shortly after their scenes were produced, the two with faces had "Annie" and "Clarabel" written on them, or their names were taken on and off whenever needed.

I could agree to that. I just know that they all weren't meant to have faces, such as each Troublesome Truck having a face.

It could have also been a necessity to save a bit of cash at this point in the series and use a model, or models, as much as possible, so Annie and Clarabel were doubled as 2 of the coaches in James' train.

Cheeky_ULP

I think for wagons and coaches, the faces pop in and out at random.

As for cash, I think based on the changes in coach stock in Season 2+, I think it was just Britt wanting to keep a certain appeal.

PasqualeCS96

If you want a orange coach without a face, cant you just scratch out or paint over Annie and or Clarabel's face? Just putting that out there.

alex wittman

actually, just for fun, buy a various of bachmann Annie and Clarabel coaches. I talked to thompsonline often and he said he used a plastic friendly solution to pick up the paint work on annie or clarabels names and easily scrap away, dry up, and you have regular Tan Brachline Coaches with faces on them. I will try that later when I have my layout done. maybe you guys would do that.

branmas

Quote from: PerfectPercy on December 23, 2010, 02:09:42 AM
Quote from: thomas' #1 fan on December 20, 2010, 05:49:50 PM

Even if this is an old topic, I'm willing to prove my point:

http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/James_and_the_Coaches

The above picture is of Clarabel.  :P That is why you thought they had faces. Really, though, there are probably only 3 tan coaches without faces and the other 2 in the line of 5 were actually Annie and Clarabel. The model of coach is the same between those with and those without faces.

If you look at the coaches from ohh... let's say Edward's Exploit:

http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Edward%27s_Exploit

Those coaches definitely do not have faces. You could say I'm kitbashing (if it even is) those coaches. :P ::)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
sorry. i forgot which coach they used. that's all. :(

PerfectPercy

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on December 23, 2010, 12:31:44 PM
If you want a orange coach without a face, cant you just scratch out or paint over Annie and or Clarabel's face? Just putting that out there.

You mean tan coaches, but I have known this awhile. Why else would I have 2 Annies?  ;) I personally would get rid of the faces, but I'm not sure what to do with the resulting flat side with two small portals for windows.

Quote from: alex wittman on December 23, 2010, 01:12:42 PM
actually, just for fun, buy a various of bachmann Annie and Clarabel coaches. I talked to thompsonline often and he said he used a plastic friendly solution to pick up the paint work on annie or clarabels names and easily scrap away, dry up, and you have regular Tan Brachline Coaches with faces on them. I will try that later when I have my layout done. maybe you guys would do that.

I PMed him about that. What was it that he used - LifeLike Track Cleaner? I recall him also mentioning that you could just scrap away the name labels with your fingernail or with something. I don't think it would really harm the paintwork.