News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Dynamis

Started by msdpet, November 01, 2010, 12:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msdpet

How easy is this system to uses? I'm making the jump from a small seasonal layout to a larger more permanent layout. Just got back in the train hobby a few years ago, I have some real old stuff and some new DCC ready (need decoders) and DCC equipped stuff. Just looking for a little advise from anyone who's used the command control equipment. Thanks.

phillyreading

Have you checked the DCC questions and answers, by Bachmann?
Some of what you want may be answered there. Also try posting on the H.O. section, as DCC is mainly H.O.

Lee F.

Jim Banner

When the day comes that you want to run multiple trains at the same time on the same tracks, then it is time for DCC.  If you plan to install the decoders yourself, then you will need more than just a simplified starter system in order to fine tune the decoders for best performance.  The Dynamis will allow you to do that along with allowing you to run multiple trains.  Of course, the more that a DCC system can do, the more that you have to learn in order to make it do it.  But the fact that you are posting here, on this forum, tells us that you have already mastered one form of electronic communication.  And if you use a cell phone, you have already mastered a second form.  All DCC systems boil down to just another form of electronic communication.  In this case the system is designed to send commands from you to your trains to tell them what you want them to do.

You didn't mention scale, but DCC is used in everything from G-scale right down to Z-scale.  I suspect that Lee is correct that there is more DCC used in H0-scale than any other scale, but I also suspect that is because H0 is by far the most popular scale.

Jim 
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

TrackusMaximus

I recently "stole" one on ebay and I love it.  I really like the interface its a real snap to use.  I am having some weird issues with my Atlas Gold series locos though it doesn't seem to operate all of the Atlas functions.  I had access to an MRC prodigy express to A/B it and the MRC could work it without difficulty.  Anyone hear of this before??

Anthony P2

does anyone know what will interfere with the dynamis signal? ex: Wi-Fi? TV remotes?

simkon

Anything that uses infrared like tv remotes or bright lights.