A few pictures of trains passing by on my way to work in Akron

Started by simkon, November 01, 2010, 04:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan

As I look at these photos, two things occur to me:

Why do we get so excited about trains going by?  Perhaps it's the noise or shear size of it all.  Or maybe the engineering marvel that allows people to move enormous weight long distances.  Most people think about the delay when stuck at a crossing.  I consider it a special treat.

The other thing is:  I wish I could leave for work AFTER the sun has come up ;D

Regards.

Jonathan

Jim Banner

Great photos!

I particularly like how simpkon has linked to them in their full resolution as stored at photobucket.  Anyone using Firefox can right click on the image then select View Image to see these photos in their full 1024 x 768 glory.  Sorry, I don't know how to do this in Internet Explorer, but maybe an I.E. user will tell us.

As seen above, the images are compressed to 560 x 375.  I believe that is done by the forum to reduce download times.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

jsmvmd

Dear Sim,

Great photos !  Thanks for the looksee.  Will try to get some photos from Altoona, PA

Dear Jim,

I am from Pittsburgh and still like Groucho !  How are things above 54 - 40 ?

Best Wishes,

Jack

jward

is that emd painted sd40-2 from the wheeling * lake erie? or is csx leasing locomotives again?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

simkon

Jim Banner

Hey, Jack.  I live nearly 200 miles south of 54 - 40.  Saskatoon is about 52 - 10 and would have been firmly in the USA is if Polk had carried through on his threat of "54-40 or fight."  But we are still far enough north to have had snow already.  And our indoor model railroading season will carry on until late April or early May when we can venture out of our igloos once again to play with our garden trains.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.