News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Other Versions of the K27

Started by Matt M, November 06, 2010, 08:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt M

Has anyone out there made other versions of the K27 starting from the Bachmann model? For example slide valve engine 460 or even one of the original compound version with the wooden cowcatchers, slope back tender and compound cylinders.

glennk28

Since most modelers seem to prefer the relatively modern era (Post-1920) I think that the most likely candidates would be first the inboard  piston valves"  version (4 numbers)  and  the "Modern Slide Valves" version (also 4 numbers. )  Leaving 7 numbers for the version allready made--

A good gauge of popularity could be found in the smaller scales--particularly  HOn3, ehere Westside made all  the versions, and had trouble getting rid of some.  gj

Matt M

I figured that the later ones would be more popular - my only K27 at present is #463 in flying rio grande scheme. I had thought that some enterprising type may have made a slide valve version - that would have to be a whole lot easier than converting a 2-8-0 into a 1:22.5 K27 for example.

I would be nice if someone would cast a few parts as there would seem to be a limited amount of work involved in the conversion compared to practically building it from scratch.