News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

"Bill's Eyes"

Started by sodorlad, November 02, 2010, 07:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodorlad

My new Bachmann Bill and Ben arrived this morning. I love them!

However, the eyes of Bill are not at all symmetrical, which leaves him with the look of being crossed eyed, or having a lazy 'boss' eye, when he looks to the left. This doesn't make me happy :(

Is there anything I can do about this..? The model is manufactured correctly and runs as it is supposed to, so the seller is not liable. Besides I have removed Bill from the packaging and I'm in the UK so posting back and forth is not ideal.
Botheration...

The Chaz Storm

Hey Mark!  Always good to see old faces again on the board. :)

I'm afraid the only way you could have Bill looked at/replaced would be sending it back to Bachmann US. :/  Ask the people who sold the model to you and talk to them about it though, if that is any easier. 

the Bach-man

Dear Mark,
Remove his face and check the pins that move the eyes. They sometimes pop out during shipping.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

sodorlad

Hey Chaz, good to see you too... and thank you Bach-man.

Has anyone successfully removed Bill or Ben's face yet..? I've tried but it seems more secure than the other characters!
Botheration...

Hoss

I know the rest of the models clip on. Might be more snug because of the new tooling.

therailwayinspector

I have managed to remove them and swapped them over for a trial on each other...

Don't keep doing it though, they're very fragile, Ben's face isn't broken, but does now have a very tiny crack....
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

PasqualeCS96

Good thing for those seperate Thomas parts and toolings we can by now.