News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Best H0 UP #844?

Started by tac, November 05, 2010, 10:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tac

OK, guys, serious question time before I put my hard-earned $$$ where my mouth is.  I already have the oldie-but-goody Rivarossi UP #844, but who makes the best version right now?

Black is fine, but grey is even better [my Rivarossi is in grey].

I'd like the canteen, too, so's I can replicate the fan trains.

NOT brass, thank you.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

jonathan

Excluding brass and Rivarossi, the only option left is the Athearn version.  I've seen a few on ebay.  From the youtube videos, it appears to be a nice looking and nice running model.

Again, excluding brass, you'll probably have to kitbash the aux water car.  I kitbashed a mantua long haul tender into a water car.  It was a crude mock up, but it worked for my railroad.

There are still plenty of Bachmann water tenders on the market that could be easily re-lettered and numbered for your needs.

Just some ideas.

Regards,

Jonathan

tac

Thanks, Jonathan.  I'm much obliged to you. :=)

Best

tac
www.ovgrs.org
Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

geoff

I think the Genisis is most likely the best but the newer Rivarossi with the 8 pin DCC plug under the sand dome is also very nice! I have one Genesis with sound and two of the newer Rivarossi's with NCE N or Z decoders and all three run very well! Watch ebay for a good price on either!

GN.2-6-8-0

Believe the the tender for the Athearn veranda turbine which would work for a excursion train is available seperate....
Rocky Lives