TIDMOUTH SHEDS, IS NOW AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE!!

Started by SodorAdventures, November 06, 2010, 10:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SodorAdventures

Hooray! Tidmouth Sheds is here. Show some pictures and tell me if you are going to get it or not!!!!

HOORAY
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

TobyTheTram16

fighter4luv

I really want it for my slow collection of the Thomas range, but it's a bit expensive... especially with Christmas just around the corner. I think I've bought myself enough presents for a while lol

JD417

hey i have seen some vids of tidmouth and i am very sorry bachmann but it just doesent "float my boat" so i doubt i will get it once again sorry bachmann it just doesnt look like i will be having tidmouth sheds on my layout for a while  :(

for this might change because i still might get it for christmas but i will be using a different turntable, one that is less "sticky" :-\

PerfectPercy

Quote from: JD417 on November 29, 2010, 08:38:53 PM
for this might change because i still might get it for christmas but i will be using a different turntable, one that is less "sticky" :-\

As for the turntable: I don't think "sticky" is the right term to use. I believe it has something to do with the gears used to make the turntable "crank". The first gear is basically the handle/crank. That probably has a smaller gear and down the line the turntable itself has a larger gear. This provides more power with a good speed because a smaller gear is faster and connected to a larger gear, which has much more torque. There is probably a lag somewhere in the gear train.

If not I couldn't really explain why that it acts the way it does. I think it is a good model if you aren't going for perfect accuracy, but if you are also not using E-Z track, then I would find other alternatives.

Cheers

tomtomica2

Long time i have not post  ;)

Still i really want to have it for Christmas !

I think its a really great model & i hope to get Knapford Building kit when it comes out :D