News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Delicate parts

Started by thomasforever1, November 07, 2010, 09:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasforever1

Dear bachmann

Many of my bachmann trains have broken parts Thomas' lamp broke, edward has a broken buffer, and a few trucks buffers can off please make the parts stronger

Cheeky_ULP

Or don't treat your models as toys.  ::)

PerfectPercy

Quote from: Sparks on November 08, 2010, 07:51:21 PM
Or don't treat your models as toys.  ::)

Thank you...

I was going to say: no model is anywhere near indestructible. The buffers even bend to begin with. There is no way to make the products stronger unless you are willing to pay more money. I think this would also affect performance because they would have to use a mold of a something other than plastic...

Honestly, they are really fine in terms of durability. I've heard many accounts of Thomas trains falling 3 feet and being fine... (Not sure if I believe it, but meh.)

thomasj219

it depends hoe they land if they land on their cab or wheels they will be fine.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: thomasj219 on November 13, 2010, 08:55:54 AM
it depends hoe they land if they land on their cab or wheels they will be fine.

CAB?! Wow, I'm surprised. I did drop James on his cab once and he's fine, but that really surprises me. I thought I just got pretty lucky.

thomasforever1

Or don't treat your models as toys.  ::)
Really name one youtuber that has broken Bachmann thomas engines  

PerfectPercy

Quote from: thomasforever1 on November 14, 2010, 12:24:18 AM

That has broken them? I would think that few YouTubers that actually treat them like models break their engines. When you see an engine flying off of a table and three feet to the ground... the trains are not meant to survive without some destruction/damage.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: thomasforever1 on November 14, 2010, 12:24:18 AM
Most Youtubers (just like anyone else) treat their models physical state with care (despite the sometimes horrifying repaints).

Sorry, but if you're doing things to your Thomas models to where they frequently break, then it's easy to assume you're using them as toys, and thus have no right to complain to the company for your actions.