News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas Quality

Started by GN.2-6-8-0, November 08, 2010, 07:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GN.2-6-8-0

I'm curious as to the quality of the thomas the tank engine line of H.O electric train products,perticularly the engines of course.
Seeing as they would be aimed for the most part at smaller childern how do they stand up to the rough handling inherent with kids today.
I've been a model railroader for 30+years and know H.O motive power equipment can be quite delicate in most case's.
Right now my 4yr old grandson is happy with the  wood TTTE equipment which i feel is appropriate for his age ,whats the best age to maybe get him a starter set of powered equipment & track assuming of course his interest in trains does not fade...
Rocky Lives

Anthony P2

the motors are alright. the Thomas line is considered to be a toy so they're made as well as they can for little kids. but i am very pleased to say my Gordon model is running fine since, the year he and Henry came out, and after taking 3 drops 3 feet high. YES, i said 3 DROPS from 3 FEET HIGH. the only damage is his dome came off, but i fixed that. So anyway....... as long as they are taken care of with routine maintenance they will last pretty long.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Indeed. They run well, and overall they're good at pulling trains (Alas, Emily's motor isn't up to much). I would recommend the "Thomas, Annie, and Clarabel" set or the "Deluxe Thomas, Annie, and Clarabel" set as a starter.

SodorAdventures

I would agree to say they are very strong. I also dropped my Gordon from 4 1/2 ft high to only find that his cab window broke, so I ordered a new cab part for 5 bucks. This just happened recently, I have had other drops too  ::) . 4 yrs old is just about time to buy a starter set. Just make sure that most of the time he uses it, you can watch him because it might not be safe to chew on. I grew up with Wooden TTTE toys as well and I am good I didnt buy them today because I had attendancy to put them in my mouth. Thank god for good manufacturing(We lost that years ago now in the era of lead paint  :P )

Glad I can help, Tanner, CEO of Sodoradventures
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

GN.2-6-8-0

Thanks for the opinons guys,will be looking into a set for the little man,whoop's gotta go hoggers yellin'  ;D

Rocky Lives