looking for hudson pictures

Started by the nitro man, November 09, 2010, 12:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the nitro man

I'm thinking of buying a couple Hudson's, but I can't find any pictures other than the drawing type picture. I'm wanting to see what the 2056 (40299), & 40199 looks like. if anyone has any pictures of their Hudson's please post them. I love Hudson's, but I don't buy anything I can't see. I learned my lesson with that on the mth railking blue comet set. the catalog showed a lice looking engine, but what I got was a little stumpy looking dwarf.

Joe Satnik

Dear nitro,

As far as I can tell, there are real photos of 6 different O-27 Hudson road names here:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewCat&catId=431

Click on one for a larger picture. 

The track underneath is 10" long each section, 5 ties per section, so 19.5" loco-tender length looks reasonable.

The Scale Hudsons are a little harder to see, as the angle to the camera is sharper:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewCat&catId=430

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik 

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

the nitro man

it doesn't show the 2056 40299 hudson.

Joe Satnik

Dear Nitro,

Didn't think to look in the "Golden Memories" section.

The locos look to be the same as the Traditional Line.   Note the difference in tenders.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=2718

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

the nitro man

thanks, that's the only picture I've found of it. i would like to see it, not just a drawing of it. i hate when they do that. going by the picture,  it looks like the same boiler as the girls pink steam engine only with a 4-6-4 setup, & the tender looks to be a 2671 style tender.

i have a post war Lionel 2056 & 2224 tender. they look & run great, but the 2056 is noisy, & I'm getting to were i like a quite running engine. not hearing a e unit buzzing & the noise of the pullmor motor. i guess I'm getting old. lol

Joe Satnik

Dear Nitro,

Is the 2056 quiet enough locked in forward and running (e-unit switch off/disabled)?

Is the 2056 quiet enough locked in neutral and under power (e-unit switch off/disabled)?

Is the 2224 tender, by itself on the track, quiet enough (under power, whistle not activated)?

I would need those 3 questions answered before suggesting a fix to your noise problem. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

the nitro man

the tender is quiet, but the engine is noisy. even with the e unit turned off with the engine in forward. i don't think it makes any noise with it's locked in neutral, & powered up. if we can make it quiet that would be awesome. i just figured that is the way the old post war stuff was. my 2056 is a lot louder than my 1666E or my 2018. it's a lot louder than my mpc era Hudson's as well.

Joe Satnik

Dear Nitro,

There is an actual side view picture of the WBB #40299 O-27 Hudson 2056

on page 74 of the 2010 WBB print catalog.  (Back side of the normal Bachmann 2010 print catalog.)

Do you know anyone with a Large Scale (DC) power pack, 2 amps minimum? 

I would like you to run DC to the track, 2056 Loco only (no whistle tender) and tell me if it runs quiet enough in forward. 

Check noise levels in reverse and neutral also. 

E-unit on/enabled in all three tests. 

How do the forward and reverse directions compare in noisiness?

Thanks. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik   

the nitro man

you know, now that i've thought about it, i've never lubed it. i've never ran it much until lately. i never had the room until i built one.

what do you guys oil on your postwar lionel steam? what kind of oil do you use? what kind of grease for the gears?

i'm sure this would help a bunch. duh  ;D