News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Big Hauler sets

Started by GM and BB RR, November 16, 2010, 06:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM and BB RR

HI I am brand new to the forum and have a question. I recently purchased two brand new Big Hauler sets at a very reasonable price and have a question about the locomotive. They look like the anniversary locos but they have plastic rods and valve gear. The set numbers are 90057 and 90082. Can anyone tell me more about these? thanks

Loco Bill Canelos

Welcome to the hobby and the forum!!

Your 90057 Durango & Silverton Freight set was released in 2006 and as of 2010 is still in the catalog.  The big Hauler loco in the set has a much lower level of detail than the Anniversary 4-6-0, but it does have the same Version 5 Chassis and gearbox.  A close inspection of both the locomotives side by side will reveal the detail differences.  The version 5 chassis is a great chassis which when cared for should give you great service.

Your 90082 The Pennsylvanian"  was firs t released in 2004 and also remains in the catalog in 2010.   All other info is the same as above.

Both sets are really great values for the money!!

Enjoy
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

GM and BB RR

Thanks for the great info Loco Bill. I feel good about buying the sets as I paid less than $100.00 each for them.