News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-8-2 heavy mountain

Started by CnO, November 12, 2010, 01:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CnO

Has anyone,  had a problem with this engine?    I purchased one in July of this year, it ran fine at first then quit
and have not been able to run since. Can not find any damaged wires or shorts.

dtpowell

CnO,

I run two the critter's and haven't had any problems with them other than a dim headlight on my N&W Loco. (Both in analog and digital operation.) Tho tether wirs between the Loco and tender have always caused me concern just lookin at them. Of course, these may never cause a problem. Looks as if your best bet would be to send it back to Bachmann for repair if under waranty.

Dave

in_eden

The first I had shorted, and blew up a decoder. The heat literally melted the tender deck.
Bachmann sent a replacement loco (which was too bad because I had painstakingly decaled the undecorated loco in B&O markings) and that second loco has been my favorite for about 2 years.
I've yet to run out of things to pull with it. And it looks good. Mine's even pretty quiet.
It pulls as much as my Kato Daylight, or N&W J, throttles all of the Berkshires or Pacifics I've got, and is just simply more interesting that FTs or E units.
Send it back to Bachmann. They'll send you a new unit.
Over all from what I've read this was a slam dunk loco.