News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Unstoppable was unstoppable!

Started by NWsteam, November 12, 2010, 07:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWsteam

Fantastic film! I enjoyed it and recommend it to any train enthusiast.

richg

That movie is typical Hollywood garbage. I like trains a lot but could not suspend disbelief long enough for the sample ad on TV. Good for people who love carnage and watching people die.
I have the real story in print.

Rich

NWsteam

WELL what a fantastic review....oh wait you didn't see any the film...

Your choice not to see it is your own. But bad mouthing a movie you haven't seen is very ignorant.

Not to spoil if it for anyone but the carnage and death is very much like the real story it is based off of. The story isn't about things blowing up and hundreds dying.

Joe Satnik

Dear All,

My teenagers and I enjoyed it. 

I am familiar with the real story and understood there would be drama added

and some parts of the story stretched. 

Still enjoyed it. 

Almost 2 hours of railroad operations with lots of interaction between conductor and engineer,  some of it even prototypical.   

Definitely worth seeing.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik     
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Michigan Railfan

I'm going to see it tomorrow. Looks awesome. Even my mom wants to see it, and she doesn't like trains  :P  Ive always liked Denzel Washington anyway. He's been involved in a couple train-related movies lately right now, right? The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3, and (obviously) this movie. Looks like a good movie though.

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

I have a friend on Facebook who is an NS conductor.   Here is what he had to say about the film,

"Just back from Unstoppable. It might be a bit hard to watch for railroaders and some railfans, but there's some funny stuff in there, even some 'yellow vest humor.' The 'lead welder' was funny. If you can look past all the unrealistic stuff....not bad. I guess what Altoona helpers do 24/7 isn't interesting enough? It kept me on the edge of my seat though, but things like that probably affect me more than others."
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

az2rail

I plan on seeing it today.  And there better be lots of destruction, or I getting my money back.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Michigan Railfan

I just got back from seeing it. This is an awesome movie. Plenty of action, and quite a bit of humor. However, the story was very exagerated, because they just needed more action. Still a great movie. I would go see it again. I reccommend it to anyone, even if they don't like trains.  My rating: 4.5/5

BIG BEAR

Hey All,

My wife and I went on Friday - early show.  We both thought it was a very action filled, & on the edge of your seat the whole time movie.
   My wife doesn't care that much for trains but she said it was well worth the time to see. Just enough humor and not too much carnage. She kept asking me "could that really happen?" Yes dear, anything can happen in hollywood.

Enjoy,
  Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

Michigan Railfan

Quote from: BIG BEAR on November 15, 2010, 11:58:11 AM

Hey All,

My wife and I went on Friday - early show.  We both thought it was a very action filled, & on the edge of your seat the whole time movie.
   My wife doesn't care that much for trains but she said it was well worth the time to see. Just enough humor and not too much carnage. She kept asking me "could that really happen?" Yes dear, anything can happen in hollywood.

Enjoy,
  Barry

True. My mom took me to see it, and she doesn't like trains either, but still found the movie great. And when your wife asked "could it really happen", tell her that it pretty much already has. CSX 8888 became a runaway in 2001, and it happened by the same way it did in the movie. Engineer got out of the train to flip a switch, thought he put on the dynamics, but put the throttle into notch 8. Obviously Hollywood exagerated the whole thing by adding explosions and other attempts to stop the train. There were many differences between the real event and the movie, one being that the real event happened in Ohio, not Pennsylvania. If you were to read about the event, you would easily be able to spot the differences between the two. Good movie nonetheless.

jbsmith

a clip  for all that have not seen the movie yet,,this clip features 777

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSZqY69Xua0

jettrainfan

just saw it today and was amazed, i figured it was gonna be like atomic train where they keep switching back and forth with half the movie with the train being related, this one to me was like atomic train approved! Most of the movie had a train or something related to it in it! Definitely gotta get it on DVD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

J3a-614

I've seen better, and much, much worse!  Either way, for those with an interest in modeling the locomotives, here are some shots you might find useful.

http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php

I'll try to get some other material up later on.

richg

Quote from: NWsteam on November 12, 2010, 08:08:32 PM
WELL what a fantastic review....oh wait you didn't see any the film...

Your choice not to see it is your own. But bad mouthing a movie you haven't seen is very ignorant.

Not to spoil if it for anyone but the carnage and death is very much like the real story it is based off of. The story isn't about things blowing up and hundreds dying.

Obvious\y you missed that I saw the film ad. The movie is just more of the same. I rarely see this type of movie anymore. I do have a life.

Rich

NWsteam

Obvious\y you missed that I saw the film ad. The movie is just more of the same. I rarely see this type of movie anymore. I do have a life.

1. No I didn't miss it...Do movie critics rate a movie on a preview? Nope.
2. Repercussions of your post are that you just inadvertently told everyone who saw this movie that they don't have a life...so kind of you.