need help identifying train set

Started by sneakerchessie, November 14, 2010, 11:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sneakerchessie

my husband passed away and I am organizing the train collection. I need help identifying the following set.
it is made by  williams trains it has 4 sante fe cars abd in that says "railway express agency 2540" on it.
Is there a name for this set?   or some number,.   thanks for any input.

Joe Satnik

Dear sneakerchessie,

Sorry for your loss. 

Most aluminum passenger car sets that I see in my few old catalogs show 2530 as their baggage car number. 

The Santa Fe set has changed catalog numbers over the years. 

My Williams Golden Memories Series Advance Catalog 2004 shows a 4 car Santa Fe aluminum passenger set as part of the "Santa Fe Super Chief"

train set 2544W, which also included a powered diesel #2343, and a dummy deisel also #2343.

The passenger cars were #2530 baggage, #2563 "Indian Falls" Pullman, #2562 "Regal Pass" Vista-Dome, #2561 "Vista-Valley" Observation Car. 

Williams G.M.S. Winter 2004-2005 catalog shows the same. 

March 2005 catalog shows the 4 passenger car set split off with their own part number, LL102B.

Skip ahead to the Williams by Bachmann 2010 catalog, (back of Bachmann 2010 catalog) which shows the 4 car passenger set as #43098.

There was also a 2 car add on set, with #2564 "Pine Rapids" Pullman, and #2568 "Palm View" Vista Dome, formerly known as Williams 2544AO, now WBB #43048.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

sneakerchessie

Thanks for your help.  4 of the cars match exactly xcept the baggage car.  I will just keep the set together as my biggest fear is putting the wrong train in the wrong box.  That would be a disaster.