News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Reverse Board Wiring

Started by trainkrzy, October 30, 2010, 09:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainkrzy

On the reverse boards there is a connector labeled "slave motors" , what is this for? small fan motors?, extra truck motors?, does it reverse direction?, how many amps will it handle?

jpstrainyard

JP of Acton MA USA writes,

It would appear that the connectors for the Slave motors are so if you had a dummy unit that you modified to become a powered unit, the motors in your dummy unit would be the Slave motors, that would be controlled from the lead powered unit's reverse board. Also, special wiring harnesses would be needed to go from the powered unit to the trailing Slave powered unit.

-JP
Sincerely: JP

trainkrzy

Bachman, I'm still waiting for answers to my questions. Also where can I get connectors that fit that plug?

3rail

Trainkrzy,

It is a DC output that you can use for another dual motored unit if you want to have a tether connected to another unit.  I don't have the exact specs, but the entire board is rated for 6 amps.  We included this in the original design of the board when were considering making a dual locomotive set with 4 motors.  That project never materialized, but the socket stayed in the design.  We may have some of the connectors in our service department.  Tell them it is the same connector used for the sound board.

Regards,

3rail