Great Looking Bachmann H0 Set at Costco

Started by JerryB, November 17, 2010, 01:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryB

I just returned from my 'local' (~120 mile round trip) Costco. While perusing the aisles, I noticed a Bachmann H0 train set with a diesel engine, 3 freight cars and a caboose, a loop of track, power supply, some figures, RR signs and other accessory items. A really great looking starter set, all for the price of ~$47.00!

I work in 1:20.3, having long ago moved away from H0, but it was really hard to pass up what I believe is a great bargain, especially for a beginning model railroader. Christmas gifts any one??

FYI, I do not work for Costco or Bachmann. Just passing on the information.

Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

simkon

That is not that great of a price, compared to some online dealers, but pretty good. My local hobby shop has specials around Christmas...they have the Pacific Flyer Set for $40

the Thomas Set for $35

And the Santa Fe Flyer for $30

As far as other scales go...
they the Highballer (N) for $35

they just got the Lumberjack in and they have it for $200

There are a few small catches though, it is limited to one set per household (you can only buy one of the above sets). The prices are only good with a $20 purchase of any other model railroad items. They are not available for delivery and prices are while supplies last (he only has 2 of all the sets except the Santa Fe Flyer, which he has about a dozen).

Joe323

Quote from: simkon on November 17, 2010, 02:00:21 AM
That is not that great of a price, compared to some online dealers, but pretty good. My local hobby shop has specials around Christmas...they have the Pacific Flyer Set for $40

the Thomas Set for $35

And the Santa Fe Flyer for $30

As far as other scales go...
they the Highballer (N) for $35

they just got the Lumberjack in and they have it for $200

There are a few small catches though, it is limited to one set per household (you can only buy one of the above sets). The prices are only good with a $20 purchase of any other model railroad items. They are not available for delivery and prices are while supplies last (he only has 2 of all the sets except the Santa Fe Flyer, which he has about a dozen).

Hey but if brings more people into the hobby thats great.

simkon

Stopped in my LHS this morning, he has already sold both the N scale sets, all the HO sets except for a couple Santa Fe Flyer sets and 1 of the Lumberjack sets and they all just came in on the 12th except for the Lumberjack sets came in yesterday. He said he is going to order 2 more of the HO sets and 2 more of the N sets, but he is adjusting the special prices to $50 for the Pacific Flyer, $45 for the Thomas set, $40 for the Santa Fe Flyer, $45 for the Highballer, and the Lumberjack is still $200 and he is removing the stipulation of the $20 purchase.