EZ command DCC help - base new user

Started by hodecapod, November 14, 2010, 07:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hodecapod

used DCC for a year or so on a self installed Spectrum Russian Decapod with speaker install;

i was really proud it worked great!!! until I let my son (3) and nephew (4) alone for 30 seconds last Christmas with my layout;

nothing was off track etc, but i estimate that the little guys decided to press some buttons randomly on the EZ command.
now - it just doesn't run. I want to just reset all CV's to factory default on the ....the soundtraxx dsd- lc  manual states " program cv 30 to 2" to reset cv's to factory default.....what do i do? I have never programmed a CV and the EZ command manual doesn't give me any information

simkon

The E-Z Command doesn't have the ability to do what you need (reset the decoder to factory settings), you need to take it to a friend, club, or local hobby shop with a more advanced DCC system

Jim Banner

Seeing that the E-Z Command is incapable of reprogramming much beyond the address of a locomotive decoder, it is likely that all you have to do is reprogram the address back to what it was before.  The directions near the bottom of page 3 of your manual give the details on how to proceed when you do not know what address your locomotive is now set for.   Note that where the manual talks about pressing button 3 AND the Stop button, they mean to first press button 3 and hold it down.  Then while still holding button 3 down, press the Stop button.  Then release both button 3 and the Stop button.

If you have lost your manual, it is available online at this link:
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ez_content/EZ_Command_instructions.pdf

Try this first.  If it does not work, then it is time to start looking for someone with a more advanced system who can reset your decoder.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

hodecapod