News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ track questions

Started by fighter4luv, November 21, 2010, 03:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fighter4luv

Hello everyone!

My name's Corey, and I'm a beginner in the world of HO trains.  :)

I have always loved the Thomas series, so I have started collecting all the trains from that series in HO (which the sets seem to use steel black roadbed tracks) and I am purchasing extra tracks to expand my set up, but have noticed that there is no "Remote Crossover Turnout" or "Wye Turnout" in the Steel Black Roadbed series.

I read in another thread that the Steel and Nickel can be used together, but I was just wondering, instead of having to paint the grey roadbed, black, will these be available in steel one day?

jward

why would you paint the grey roadbed black? add some grey ballast to the black roadbed and it should blend in with the grey roadbed, especially if you ballast that as well. the black roadbed isn't very realistic .......
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Tylerf

The real question is why are you buying steel track? It dirties much faster and worse than nickel silver...

fighter4luv

Well, as I said I'm new to all of this - I guess I should say new to the modelling train stuff too... No idea what "ballast" is, and I guess I should be buying Nickel tracks instead... but most of what I am using is from the Deluxe Thomas sets, so it all comes with the Steel stuff :-\

Joe323

Ballast is the rocks you see between the ties on a railroad track.  It serves at least 2 functions.  One is to help hold the ties in place and to is to provide proper drainage.

Anyway back to the HO world.  The steel track is OK just bear in mind it will need to be cleaned more often nickel silver. 

fighter4luv

Quote from: Joe323 on November 22, 2010, 09:31:01 AM
Ballast is the rocks you see between the ties on a railroad track.  It serves at least 2 functions.  One is to help hold the ties in place and to is to provide proper drainage.

Anyway back to the HO world.  The steel track is OK just bear in mind it will need to be cleaned more often nickel silver. 

Ah okay. Thank you very much :) Not sure If I'll be going pro any time soon, but I am having fun collecting all my favourite engines :)