News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas layout

Started by soo300, November 23, 2010, 01:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fighter4luv

They're awesome. Thanks for posting. I wanna get my hands on like drawn layouts that I could get the tracks in the same setup :P I wish there was a making of or more photos like these :)

SodorAdventures

Quote from: Sparks on December 10, 2010, 11:09:01 PM
The show used large set ups that were on wheeled tables within a studio. All of the scenery tended to be very "temporary" and each set had to be redone every season.
These photos are from Season 4, if I recall. Not sure of the source, but they were in my Photobucket.

Woah , That is very amazing. This is way behind the scenes. LOL
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

PasqualeCS96

Its always nice to see how the show used to be before Britt retired, God bless he soul :)

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: fighter4luv on December 11, 2010, 01:40:15 AM
They're awesome. Thanks for posting. I wanna get my hands on like drawn layouts that I could get the tracks in the same setup :P I wish there was a making of or more photos like these :)
Easy; just study the track layouts in each episode, and determine your own track plan that would be easiest and best for your layout.

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on December 11, 2010, 01:24:08 PM
Its always nice to see how the show used to be before Britt retired, God bless he soul :)
I recall seeing some photos of Season 12 production; the show was filmed for the most part the same way from start to end (of models).

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on December 11, 2010, 01:24:08 PM
What I mean is that its nice to see the models put to good use when Britt was producing seasons 1-7. Ah the glory days where people actually know who Donald and Douglas are. ;) ;D

Cheeky_ULP

I see Season 6 and 7 episodes aired with Season 8+ episodes on TV sometimes, so seeing classics like the Twins isn't a foreign idea.

Britt only produced Season 1-5 and Magic Railroad. After that, she stepped down and only had some control over production, but a lot less.

alex wittman

I have to admit, the temporary sets are amazing, but the background sea in the distance is prettycool too, plus it blends with the sky background. if only I had my own home and the space to do so.