instruction manual for Big Hauler Golden Spike train set

Started by LKB850, November 23, 2010, 04:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LKB850

We bought this train several years ago. It has not been out of the box for at least 10 years. I want to set it up for my grandson to watch this Christmas. I have everything except the manual, and have no idea what might have happened to it.

I am unable to put it together. I have the tracks snapped together but have no idea how to hook up the power supply to the track.  This is a g-scale train, and supposed to be very easy to put together (according to the box anyway!) I am not very good with this sort of thing, so any help with it would help.

I have the piece that hooks to the track, and have put the little "plug" into it, but nothing happens with the engine. Is there a "Right" or Wrong" way to plug it in.

Thanks

LKB850

I should have also asked if there is a place to download a PDF copy of the instructions.

Thanks again.

Joe Satnik

Dear LBK,

I bought a "Tweetsie" set and a "Bumble Bee" set about 10 years ago. 

I remember that one of the red power cables was bad, no connection on one of the red wires.

They also had the older one-piece power packs with machine screw track power terminals, which is different than the newer power pack shown in the on-line manual.

A Volt-Ohm-meter or low voltage test light would help to troubleshoot bad connections.   

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik     
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

richg

I probably should put this in the G Scale forum but since this thread has been started, I will put this here.
Just in time as I am giving my son in law a G Scale set I have used very little but do not have any paper work.
Put this up once many years ago at Christmas and never used it again.
My first grandson will be born in January 2011 and when he gets old enough, him and his father will have a good size train to let him learn about model railroading.
Green and black sides with black roof. Suwannee River Special, Stephen Foster. #100.
Southern Railway Express Agency combination car #11
Both cars can be lighted using a 9 volt batter and a battery for the tender.
4-6-0 Southern #8254 and tender plus all the track and track clips plus power pack.
I hope I will be around long enough to see the smiles on his face. For now, his father can have fun.

Rich