News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Warranty work

Started by Doug.Oaks, November 26, 2010, 10:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug.Oaks

Do I need to make contact with the service department before sending in an engine for repair?
Thanks, Doug

simkon

As long as you have the warranty card, receipt, a note detailing the problem, you are the first owner of the loco (and it was purchased directly from an authorized dealer) and it is within 1 year of when you purchased it....then call the service department to see what they want you to do before you send it in.

Bachmann's Service Department is available Monday through Thursday from 8 am to 4 pm, and Friday 8 am to 12 pm (EST).   Customer Service for all scales can be reached toll free by US and Canadian customers at 800-356-3910.

Bachmann's Lifetime Limited Warranty covers motorized units only. Under the warranty, Bachmann can decide whether to repair or replace an item at their discretion.
Items less than a year old are fully covered and will be serviced or replaced at no charge when accompanied with warranty card or proof of purchase.

For items more than one year old, there is a nominal service charge for repair or replacement:
$15.00 -   All standard non-DCC locos (excluding Large Scale)
$25.00 -   Standard DCC and Spectrum® N and HO
$30.00 -   Williams, On30, and Standard Line large scale
$40-$50.00 - DCC Upgrade Fee (mandatory if your loco is only offered in DCC, but you had the DC version).
$50.00 -   Large scale Spectrum®

All accessories, power packs and speed controllers, and Plasticville USA® items are covered for 90 days only.

bobwrgt

Only twice did i have to send in an engine for warranty out of 85 engines. The rest i fixed myself and service was happy to send me the parts at no charge. You can also get very good help from others on this forum to correct problems.
This time of the year you may have to wait a long time for it to be returned. They get  very busy around and after Christmass.

Bob

Doug.Oaks

Thanks for the replies. I am aware of Bachman's warranty policies, and have used them in the past. I don't remember if I sent in the warranty card several years ago when I got the engine as a gift. I know I must send cash. But must I contact the service department before I send this in?

Thanks,
Doug

simkon

Yeah, you should call them and tell them your problem.