News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

holder for wheel axle broke

Started by rubinator, November 28, 2010, 08:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubinator

I have a Bachmann 2-8-0 steam loco. It was dropped onto floor and the "seat" where the wheel axles sit broke. I sent for a new shell but the shell does not come with this part .Any suggestions? The metal looks like it could be cast, not plastic. What would this part be called? I could not locate it in the parts dept. It is an n scale loco. Anyone knows of a good adhesive I could try? :(

Woody Elmore

If you are refering to the front axle assembly that contains a single axle and wheels, it is called a pilot truck or pony truck. The wheels that are connected with silver color rods are called the drivers.

I am not certain but I bet you can get an exploded parts diagram in this website.

Good luck.

OldTimer

At the top of this page is a menu bar that includes an entry for "Parts and Service."  You can find information there on how to contact the service department.  There is quite a list of exploded view drawings there, too, but I didn't see one for your engine.  Another option is to look on e-Bay for a "clunker" that is being offered for parts, but I think I'd try the service department first.  Good Luck.
OldTimer
PS  You might also want to post your question on the N-scale board.
Just workin' on the railroad.