News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

roise and hank

Started by TrainFan2020, November 26, 2010, 02:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

Very interesting. With all the model project talk recently, we might be due a general model projects thread.  :P

JD417

i really like his hank, but the rosie was just huge but it still looks good though  :)

PasqualeCS96

Granted modeling Hank would be easier to do than othe characters for one prime reason, his model is easy to get in the states. Plus, I like how HiT gave Hank and Ferdinand buffers although they are American engines.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on November 26, 2010, 05:13:36 PM
Granted modeling Hank would be easier to do than othe characters for one prime reason, his model is easy to get in the states. Plus, I like how HiT gave Hank and Ferdinand buffers although they are American engines.

BUT only rear buffers, for obvious reasons. Dan is good at his projects. He's modeled many. Just look at the whole blog.

ClearwtaerMK2

And stanley look bit too big as well. :P

StanierJack

Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on November 27, 2010, 08:59:16 AM
And stanley look bit too big as well. :P

In his defence, Stanley and Rosie are made from scratch. However, the proportions are extremely out, as you have pointed out.

If you want to see some truly awesome Thomas modelling, I suggest you look here:

http://www.pegnsean.net/~railwayseries/modeller-gavin.htm

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on November 26, 2010, 05:13:36 PM

Hank having them is justified, seeing as he was brought to work on British railway. He should have had a front set too.

Cheeky_ULP

therailwayinspector

I think TheThomasModeller's projects are very good efforts for scratchbuilds, built from pictures of the named character and resources available.

Knuckles there has made some great models too using the kits available, detailing packs etc.

Both are good modellers in their own way in my opinion...

B.O.T - Hank on that link is a good project. I've only ever seen one other done but it does look good!
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures