News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Free The 2" Straights

Started by duker1, June 28, 2007, 01:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duker1

::) Great Idea that Derek Has!! Let's start a new campaign to request that Bachmann Trains manufacture 2" straight EZTrack. Maybe we can get a national spokesperson, Tshirts, banners (by Jim), mugs, maybe even a jingle (by Bo), and a toll free hot line 1 800 2st rate.

Free The 2" Straights Now!!!!
Free The 2" Straights Now!!!!

Off my meds again....
The Duke....

Bojangle

I don't do jingles, you are confusing me with "Bojangles", a song and dance man.  Bojangle is a ranch name of Western origin. 

Anyway, EZ track can be cut to needed length, like any other track, or use a piece of flex.
Bo

SteamGene

Hey, man, like get with times they are a'changin'!  I do EZ -Track for the Christmas layout - but, yeah, run up the Rainbow flag for the 2" Straights!

Free the two inch straights
Let them participate
Let your railroad grow
And not get in a bow
Won't it be great
With free two inch straights

Gene
(Any wonder I gave up poetry for fiction?)
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Terry Toenges

BJ,
Why cut the EZ Track when the 2"ers are already made, just not sold separately.
Feel like a Mogul.

Bojangle

Gene:  Your feet may be "Longfellows", but don't give up  your day job  By the way I took your advice about storing the car boxes with the wheels down.  Don't know  why lol.  I guess it is to keep the coupler from sagging and taking a set, right?

You tell me things, I don't know why
But trusting  you, I give it a try
If it works, my elations fly
This guy really does know why

My roster grows from day to day
My wife says the bill I must pay
I'm having fun, what more to say
Here comes my train, out of the way.

Terry: I have never cut an EZ, though I have smashed a few turnouts.  You should see my temporary "test" track.  EZ straights and curves, Atlas  #4 and #6, snap switches , bits of cut snap track and flex,  balsa grade and ramp blocks,  shims and tape.  I haven't used baling wire or 16D nails yet.  I figure since I am modeling Union Pacific, I may as well follow their MOW procedures. 

What is "2st rate".  I can't even pronounce it. Exactly what kind of "meds" are you on?  :D

Bo

Conrail Quality

By 2st rate, I think he means '2 straight' ???. All the same, since Bachmann already makes them, I cannot see why Bachmann does not sell them seperately, especially since there is clearly a demand.
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Hunt

No track cutting equipment handy -----  Then as Terry noted --- Until Bachmann makes the 2" straight track available separately, remember four 2" straight track pieces are included with a 90 degree crossing piece. Item No. 44541.

Best of all, the 90 degree crossing piece is included at no additional charge --- or --- the four 2” straight track pieces are at not additional charge depending on how one needs to rationalize it.  ;)

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

Allow me to stray from the topic to touch on something said here.  The storage of equipment wheels down.   That not only goes for cars but engines also.   By storing them wheels down,  any lubricants that may "run off" do so without getting onto the side of the body of the engine.   I saw an extensive set of Rivarossi engines that had been stored for many yeas laying on their sides and what those lubs did to the plastic bodies and paint was not a pretty sight.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Bojangle

I paid $20,000 for a custom wheel and tire set, the car was a free bonus gift.
But wait, order now and we'll give you a second one free! A $500 value, only $2.98 plus $200 shipping.
Bo

duker1

Conrail had it right about the strate/straight. They both are spelled differently yet sound alike. I only used strate as it fit for the 800 ph# instead of straight. And my meds r just fine...thank you very much.

Bo needs to buy that bridge in Brooklyn. My ancestors need some extra wampum. And he can set his 'jingle/poem' to music and he could be 'The artist formerly known as .....

Paul M.

Yep folks,

Just call the toll-free number listed below join the movement to free the E-Z track 2" straights.

1-800-EZ 2 INCH

(1-800-392-5624)

Also, please write your local congressman and request him to help support our cause!

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

SteamGene

bo,
I have far more fiction published than poetry.  And I've made more money on fiction than poetry, too.  ;D
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

murfling

I take it your 2" straight you want is different from the 2 1/4 insch straight that bachmann currently produces and markets? I have probably 5 cards of 4, waiting for me to finish cleaning the basement.

Jonathan

Bojangle

Gene:
I was wondering if you would catch my comment.  I never had much  success writing fiction, perhaps because I have too vivid an imagination, and is not always credible.

On topic, I predict major improvements are on the way for EZ track,  it has become very popular.  But it could be said that we don't need 2 inch pieces, rather 7, 8,  and 11 inchers, with true breakaway perforations, or how about flex track with flexible roadbed.  hmmm.

Bo