News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

looking for a model derrick

Started by gunrunner, November 28, 2010, 02:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunrunner

i'm looking for a 1/24 or so model (or toy) of a construction type self propelled derrick on tank treads.  it doesn't have to be accurate, i use the 10 foot rule.  i found a really neat one for $2,100.00.  can't remember the source; matter of fact, i couldn't forget them fast enough.  i was thinking more along the lines of lunch money.  if any of you guys have any leads, i'd really appreciate them.  thanx, and happy holidays.

Nathan

Have you looked at the LEGO.com site?  I think they have something like that that looks okay.

I have several LEGO trucks and cranes that I have for my large scale, some are very realistic.

Nathan

Loco Bill Canelos

Maybe you could modify one of the scale model tanks or armored personnel carriers and add a derrick using plastic shapes from plastruct.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Sleeping Bear

I have recently seen on eBay a P&H Mining shovel a 1/32 excavator(listed as a bucket loader)and a tracked construction crane with a fold up boom. The crane shows up from time to time as does the "bucket loader". Just watch for a while under G scale in model RR/ trains. Hope this is some help......later all....S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

Sleeping Bear

The tracked crane I mentioned is back. Labeled"Giant construction crane" the item # if you want to look at it is 110617366221 starting bid is $0 .99  hope this is some help.....later all .......S.B.

Loco Bill Canelos

hi SB

Tried that number got nothing!!

Sleeping Bear

;D THATS IT ;D ....thanks Bob.....  ;D Don't know what happened, I checked the # and I relayed correctly, I think....Sorry Bill. :-\ As we haven't heard from gunrunner yet .....still don't know if that's what he's looking for....but if I wanted or when I want a crane for the layout it will most likely be one or so of these and perhaps a truck based crane, like the one that showed up shortly after the tracked one. By the by .......buy with out fear from Al.... Gotten many things from him thus far and not a problem.....Later All.....S.B.

Loco Bill Canelos

Mik

Quote from: Loco Bill Canelos on December 03, 2010, 04:42:25 AM

Nice crawler crane!!!

With a little work it can be even better.......

It was a lot of work, but not at all hard work... does that make sense? Like eating an elephant, you just take one bite at a time.
Mik

Loco Bill Canelos