Main Menu

Bachmann Thomas Range 2011

Started by JLK2707, November 29, 2010, 03:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StanierJack

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on December 13, 2010, 07:22:00 AM
No cylinders on Thomas

Then how does he move?  :o

He's surely got to have some concealed inside, being a Steam Engine and all...  ;D

Jokes aside, would there really be a market for such models? I doubt it, but you never know.

The Chaz Storm

Not to sound negative....but what's the point of Bachmann making THAT? :P

The Bachmann Thomas is good enough...no real point into making the Day out with Thomas model. 

Plus if you really wanted one that badly you can make one yourself.  There are plenty of HO BEDTs out there for a cheap price.  All you'll need to do is simply repaint one and add a face to make Thomas.  Not hard at all....   ::)

jettrainfan

Well....

People may want to reconstruct a Day out with Thomas event but we all know Thomas is a pipsqueak and his power shows it, why not have a more powerful and more accurate DOW Thomas? It won't be a big market after 2-3 years but that's why i said make a limited edition, look at the CVSR 4241 by Atlas, that was a good sell, but Thomas could be for anyone so the market for that is wider.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

StanierJack

Quote from: jettrainfan on December 14, 2010, 05:04:00 PM
Well....

People may want to reconstruct a Day out with Thomas event but we all know Thomas is a pipsqueak and his power shows it, why not have a more powerful and more accurate DOW Thomas? It won't be a big market after 2-3 years but that's why i said make a limited edition, look at the CVSR 4241 by Atlas, that was a good sell, but Thomas could be for anyone so the market for that is wider.

It's far easier in the meantime to convert one into your own, like Chaz said. Plus, it's like you're copying the real thing :p

jettrainfan

I've said it many times before, i'll try when i get the money (hopefully in a few months) i'll try putting some of my plans into action. I'm thinking of just buying another Bachmann 0-6-0 and kit bash it with parts from thomas and maybe another source or 2, but its worth a try asking :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

PasqualeCS96

BillingsRR

I'm happy with the Bachmann Thomas lines. I do have one suggestion for 2011. Introduce a "Large Scale" Emily. I volunteer at Longwood Gardens at their Garden RR and I've heard little girls ask "Where's Emily? I don't see her!" That is the reason for introducing her. If you introduce her, your Large Scale Thomas sales will mostlikely rise. James is on the way and the next sensable choice is Emily. I've been a fan since since '96, now I'm a teenager. I have a youtube account, Jamesis5, but I have mainly phased out for now. I'm glad Bachmann has introduced the Thomas line, they are grabbing a new generation with it. Most people who are in the hobby are old and their children decided not to take it up, but they have a second chance with their grandkids and the Thomas line helps them. Thomas is a "superstar" in the toy industry. The more Thomas characters introduced, the more sales and the more future hobbyists who will return to buy the realistic trains. I'm glad Bachmann has picked up Large Scale Thomas and maybe they will get N Scale Thomas. Tomix makes a small Thomas line, Thomas, James, Henry, Percy, and some rolling stock. I beleive they are based out of Japan or China and you can only get them on the internet, not positive. So Bachmann should have no problem wit licensing.
-BRR

The Chaz Storm

Quote from: BillingsRR on December 16, 2010, 08:20:27 PM
I'm glad Bachmann has picked up Large Scale Thomas and maybe they will get N Scale Thomas. Tomix makes a small Thomas line, Thomas, James, Henry, Percy, and some rolling stock. I beleive they are based out of Japan or China and you can only get them on the internet, not positive. So Bachmann should have no problem wit licensing.
-BRR

Two great minds think alike. ;) 

In some ways I think an N scale Thomas range would sell much better than a large scale range, just because prices could be cheaper and with the sizes being smaller can mean more engines. 

I have an N scale layout that needs work, but if Bachmann does make an N scale Thomas range I may consider getting them.  And this could mean more work on that old layout too, along with my HO one too.

Can't have too many model trains, huh?  ::)

TobyTheTram16

BillingsRR

@chaz

nope, you can never have too many trains, in my standards, but in my parents.............
-BRR(aka Jamesis5)

thomasfreak5

your right too many is not enough, back on subject. i reallly hope we get oliver and toad mostley and duck and trevor. that would be the highlight of 2011 for me  ;D
" You never see my paint dirty "
                                          - James

thomasfreak5

Quote from: Anthony P2 on December 12, 2010, 07:58:14 PM
Quote from: Jack Lynch on December 12, 2010, 07:01:50 PM
might be easier to list the ones you don't want. :D
well here it is:

......and there you have it.
love it lol true
" You never see my paint dirty "
                                          - James

fighter4luv

Quote from: Chaz on December 16, 2010, 09:26:40 PM
I have an N scale layout that needs work, but if Bachmann does make an N scale Thomas range I may consider getting them.  And this could mean more work on that old layout too, along with my HO one too.
Tomix's N Scale Thomas trains are awesome! Even though only Thomas, Percy, James, and Henry are available - they are very detailed for such small models (their faces are really good and are interchangeable!!), they must've had a very talented sculptor team working on them.

I have 24 pieces of curved track and 16 pieces of straight track that I got given by mistake - but I have no engines to run on it... and I have already spent too much on my HO Scale set, so if anyone wants some N Scale track, IM me ^_^

Thomsonline

All good ideas but that looks like it could be spread out at least 25 years

AJWPRODUCTIONS

day out with thomas type thomas AINT NEVVA GONNA HAPPEN ok >:(