where do I find the product number

Started by maryunger3, June 06, 2007, 06:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryunger3

I bought a train and I dont know any thing about it. I never owned one but its a big black engine with the number 948 on its side and baldwin locomotive works on the frony but I cant find a product number any where on it.

SteamGene

Is it a diesel or a steam locomotive?  Look on the bottom - who built it? 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

conradin

It it is made by Bachmann I think I can track the number down as I have quite a bit of catalogs.  Try to also give me the time of purchase (or manufacture)

conradin

Yours is most likely a Great Northern Express, Item No.90031.  You are probably missing the rest of the train, especially the tender, where it will print out the road name "great northern".  The loco itself is a 4-6-0 steam.  Black, with some copper railing, front of the loco has 948 printed inside a red circle, while the outer circle should has "Baldwin Locomotive Works philadephia" on it.  Head light has 948 printed.  Side of loco has 948 printed.  It also has a bell.

This is a 2001 product. You are most likely missing the tender, the box, a VHS video instruction, some tracks, and a power pack.  Also the two observation passenger cars.

No MSRP is listed in the catalog, but a 2007 set of similar set up can run you about $390 to $425. (4-6-0 with tender, two observation passenger cars).